St. Marks 9-3

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Srbenda

St. Marks 9-3

Post by Srbenda »

Went out early this AM. We thought that the weatherman would be wrong, or we would be early enough.

Wrong.

Made it out to the bay, which looked good. Ran behind the sandbar, and got into open water, and it was not good.
Short, tough 1' to 2' chop with the occasional 3' swell. Pounded into that for a few minutes, and turned around.
Fished a few oyster bars in the river, and even tried some of the deep holes in the channel.

Started fishing the shoreline with live shrimp and actually ended up with a Spanish Mackeral off of Rock Island. I was surprised as well.

The wind never let up, unless you could tuck in behind the island or treeline.

Rough day on the water, as I saw a nasty line of thunderstorms later on the radar.

The Spanish was cut into steaks, and enjoyed thoroughly.

All photos copyright @saverymill
silverking
Site Sponsor

Re: St. Marks 9-3

Post by silverking »

Thanks for the report. Waiting to add my new PowerPole before I get back out there. Appears Gordon will dump more rain on the bay.

Delicious-looking plate of fresh seafood! :lick:
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
Srbenda

Post by Srbenda »

silverking wrote:Thanks for the report. Waiting to add my new PowerPole before I get back out there. Appears Gordon will dump more rain on the bay.

Delicious-looking plate of fresh seafood! :lick:
Fresh rain, yes, but will it also push more saltwater up with it? Will it help 'flush" the bay, or are we too far east?
All photos copyright @saverymill
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

The storm should help the fishing. After Katrina in 2005, we had the best year of fishing I can remember. And it hit New Orleans.
Yours in the South