St Marks Water Clarity

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

medicunderfire

St Marks Water Clarity

Post by medicunderfire »

I'm planning on trying st marks on wed I have fished the Carrabelle area and Steinhatchee as well as ecofina but never been to St. Marks I was just curious about the water clarity around there recently. I have read all the posts about the rocks etc and am going to be going slow... Thanks for any info or tips.
Robalo 246 Cayman 300 Yam
Srbenda

Re: St Marks Water Clarity

Post by Srbenda »

medicunderfire wrote:I'm planning on trying st marks on wed I have fished the Carrabelle area and Steinhatchee as well as ecofina but never been to St. Marks I was just curious about the water clarity around there recently. I have read all the posts about the rocks etc and am going to be going slow... Thanks for any info or tips.
It's getting better, but certainly isn't good.
I would say visibility has improved to 2'+ inshore and the water now has a green/blue tint compared to a few weeks ago.

Rocks are to the east of the lighthouse, the west of the lighthouse is free of obstacles.
All photos copyright @saverymill
Redfin
Site Sponsor

Post by Redfin »

Saturday at Econfina - out to 12 feet all the way to rock island was about foot or less viz.
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

This morning at both the lighthouse and St Marks Refuge Stoney Bayou water control structure: not the worst I've seen, but still pretty low viz of less than two feet. Fortunately, schools of 2lb mullet could not see me very well either. Mmmm, fried mullet.
fishforfun

Post by fishforfun »

Saturday pm west flats to shell point....turbid, brown, less than 12 in visibility, hot 90degree water, only catfish biting.