Keaton Beach 10-6-18

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

JohnnyB

Keaton Beach 10-6-18

Post by JohnnyB »

Great Day at Keaton. I have not fished here in years but my fishing buddy had gotten a good report and we decided to go there. We were not disappointed! On the second cast my friend caught a 20" trout and five minutes later I caught a 19" one. In the next 15 minutes we caught 4 more keepers between 16" and 19". I mistakenly made the comment that we would have our limit within an hour and thats when a shark bit another one about 20" in two. Then he 14 1/2" trout showed up.

We must have caught 50 trout between 12" and 14 1/2" during the nest next two hours. Finally deciding that we were not going to catch any more keepers where we were, we moved back east about a quarter mile and started fishing again. We were using white Gulps with a chartreuse tail and also a similar Z Man. We were still fishing in 5 1/2 to 61/2 feet of water. Just like earlier we caught 4 more keepers 17" and 18" in the next 20 minutes to complete our limit.

After a quick run back to the canal, we loaded up and headed home to catch a football game.
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Re: Keaton Beach 10-6-18

Post by DixieReb »

:thumbup: :thumbup: Great report, thanks. My Dad used to say all the time that big fish don't hang around with smaller fish, and that's usually true.
Yours in the South
fishfalcon

Re: Keaton Beach 10-6-18

Post by fishfalcon »

Great trip. My dad used to say that big fish eat little fish. Seems like you had some of that going on.