Steinhatchee 10/17

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

doomtrpr_z71

Steinhatchee 10/17

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

Well to change the pace a little and get away from politics, I managed to sneak in a trip to the hatch. Water was fairly clear considering and between 80-83f, only went north so I don't know how muddy it is south. Weird trip 3 keeper trout, 15 or so shorts and some trash fish. Fish were in 3-5ft and seemed to prefer the stained water vs the clearer, floating grass was bad, it was slightly better around dallus creek. Regardless it was fun and better than being in Missouri. Nice and smooth though.

Best we could manage was 17in

fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Re: Steinhatchee 10/17

Post by fishinfool »

:thumbup: :thumbup:
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Thanks for the report
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Looked like a well-needed day of therapy, regardless. Thanks for the report.

Was considering going tomorrow out of St. Marks but the forecast/tides are making me re-think those plans. Also want to give the folks there more time to clean up. Next week after the front blows through should be good.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
Apalachee Inshore
Site Sponsor

Post by Apalachee Inshore »

Yeah I was out there as well, too smooth. Smooth was nice for early morning top water but no wind and minimal tide movement had the fish lazy.
doomtrpr_z71

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

Great therapy for sure, we lost something big on top water on the second cast but never got another hit on the poppers. I expected different as calm as it was that morning.
jsaunders

Post by jsaunders »

I fished out of Steinhatchee the 19th and 20th. The bite was on fire. We caught 30+ legal trout (most of which were thrown back), countless 14 inchers, big spanish, bluefish, ladyfish, and even a pompano. Fish were in 2.5-3.5 feet and were caught on live pinfish, down south paddletails, and Unfair lure arrowheads.

2008 Kenner 21v
2008 Honda 150 4 stroke
kenfly

Post by kenfly »

jsaunders wrote:I fished out of Steinhatchee the 19th and 20th. The bite was on fire. We caught 30+ legal trout (most of which were thrown back), countless 14 inchers, big spanish, bluefish, ladyfish, and even a pompano. Fish were in 2.5-3.5 feet and were caught on live pinfish, down south paddletails, and Unfair lure arrowheads.

Wow!! Man y’all killed them, glad they are starting to bite, hope that trend starts to get better up this way north

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk