Fishing Report

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Apalachee Inshore
Site Sponsor

Fishing Report

Post by Apalachee Inshore »

In addition to the usual fishing report and November outlook, we are at Harry Smith Outdoors in Tallahassee to talk a little coastal kayak fishing. Harry guides kayak fishing trips and Eco tours in our area.

https://www.facebook.com/75914355092135 ... 422139060/
SoberAngler

Re: Fishing Report

Post by SoberAngler »

I may very well be in the minority on this, and no offense intended to Apalachee Inshore, but,...Facebook stinks.

I'm painfully aware that today various social media are the norm (but not for me). Over time I've also watched several previously very active fishing forums become "ghost towns" as social media platforms have grown and expanded in popularity.
Apalachee Inshore
Site Sponsor

You use the tools you have. I have read this board for years, since I was old enough to fish the coast on my own and my Dad read it before that. While I think the interface could use updating this forum is the best source of information for fishing our area on the internet. You can pretty much find any information you are looking for by using the search bar. There is room for both.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

SoberAngler wrote:I may very well be in the minority on this, and no offense intended to Apalachee Inshore, but,...Facebook stinks.

I'm painfully aware that today various social media are the norm (but not for me). Over time I've also watched several previously very active fishing forums become "ghost towns" as social media platforms have grown and expanded in popularity.
I don’t have a Facebook account either
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Blue spinner
Site Sponsor

Post by Blue spinner »

sorry i don't do Facebook either
One thing about the speed of light it gets here too early in the morning
SoberAngler

Post by SoberAngler »

No doubt, social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.) is HUGE.

For a number of years the manufacturer of my kayak offered and maintained a forum - and I thought it was good. As the popularity of social media grew activity on the kayak mfg.'s forum decreased. The mfg. decreased its maintenance of and participation in its own forum. Owners of various models of the mfg.'s kayaks created an Owners' group on Facebook. Although the mfg.'s forum is still online the lack of activity/participation makes it unworthy of visiting.

It wasn't too many years ago that the forum on jaxkayakfishing.com was 1 of the best, if not the best, kayak fishing formats on the internet (IMO). Now, there's not even a handful of new posts per day. Likewise, the forums on Florida Sportsman have declined (in my opinion). Perhaps it's just my imagination, but here at Big Bend Fishing and Forgotten Coast Kayak Anglers participation "ain't what it used to be".

For me, when compared to forums, the social media platforms lack any semblance of organization and offer little to nothing when it comes to navigation, search, etc.
FlyrodC

Post by FlyrodC »

I don't facebook either but was able to watch the report. All seems fine to me. AI/Evan - Thanks for the report! I liked it, especially the dude talking about fishing on surface. I'm coming down to fish in a few weeks and while I am pretty much FFO (fly fish only) I have some surface flies that I'm going to throw til I catch some fish on them.
Apalachee Inshore
Site Sponsor

FlyrodC wrote:I don't facebook either but was able to watch the report. All seems fine to me. AI/Evan - Thanks for the report! I liked it, especially the dude talking about fishing on surface. I'm coming down to fish in a few weeks and while I am pretty much FFO (fly fish only) I have some surface flies that I'm going to throw til I catch some fish on them.
Thanks, we will probably incorporate some more stuff for fly fisherman in the future.