Ecofina 3/23/19 fishing report.

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Hit-n-Miss

Ecofina 3/23/19 fishing report.

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Day started with me forgetting to set my clock. Robert got to my house and hooked to my boat and headed to pick up Lavon. He had got ice from church for the cooler, so I hopped in the boat to put it in the cooler. Oops I forgot it at my house. Well instead of a nice padded 96 qt seat I usually have , today will be a 48qt unpadded. So off we go. Pretty crowded at the ramp but not take long to get launched. Image. Pretty chilly ride out. We headed down towards rock island. Image. Beautiful day out there today. So we’re fishing and robert says “ so you think a banana peel will sink?” Lavon and I say in unison...”You brought bananas!!!” He asks why thats a problem. So we tell him. Then say we might as well go home ad the fish will not bite. We rib him some more and continue fishing. By after lunch all we had in the cooler was 4 flounder (2 Lavon) (2 me) and Robert zip. Image. We moved a lot all over the place and no fish anywhere. But it was a beautiful day so we really didn’t care. We finally found a few trout at 2:00 Lavon put 3 in the box and I caught 2 shorts. At three we called it a day and headed in. Was a great day on the water with good friends. Cant wait till next time. Oh and banana boy got skunked. . So maybe it is bad luck. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hit-n-Miss

Re: Ecofina 3/23/19 fishing report.

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Also for the first time I could not catch any pins all day. Water was 60-63 degrees.

DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

:thumbup: :thumbup: Nice job on the flounders! The cooler temps might have pushed the trout back to the creeks for a while.
Yours in the South
Redfin
Site Sponsor

Post by Redfin »

water was 66.5 -68.0 all day for us
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Redfin wrote:water was 66.5 -68.0 all day for us
. Where you see those temperatures and how did y’all do?

Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

We fished around dog island yesterday. Water temps were 62 at 9 am and 67 at 3pm... water was like yoo hoo. About 6” of vis. Glad y’all found some eats Greg
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Salty Gator wrote:We fished around dog island yesterday. Water temps were 62 at 9 am and 67 at 3pm... water was like yoo hoo. About 6” of vis. Glad y’all found some eats Greg
. Catch any? Visibility was about 3’ at ecofina. But water dark.

Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Hit-n-Miss wrote:
Salty Gator wrote:We fished around dog island yesterday. Water temps were 62 at 9 am and 67 at 3pm... water was like yoo hoo. About 6” of vis. Glad y’all found some eats Greg
. Catch any? Visibility was about 3’ at ecofina. But water dark.

Slow day,,, 5 slot reds and a bunch of 16-18” fish. I would have killed for 3’ of vis
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Redfin
Site Sponsor

Post by Redfin »

Hit-n-Miss wrote:
Redfin wrote:water was 66.5 -68.0 all day for us
. Where you see those temperatures and how did y’all do?

Not great - fished south a good bit out of Econfina. 2 26" reds and 2 keeper trout - all in creek mouths.
mpa_72001

Post by mpa_72001 »

Bit pretty good for a lil over an hr probably caught a dozen trout by 9 until the army of boats showed up.