To Heck with Repairs - St Marks 3/30

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

MudDucker
Site Sponsor

To Heck with Repairs - St Marks 3/30

Post by MudDucker »

Well, I had a decision to make. My concrete man, who has been slow as mud (no pun intended) said if I would bring my compact tractor he could make big progress getting ready to pour my porch back. Can't bring tractor and boat and I was past due for water time. Called the nice folks at Shell Island, arranged a boat and guide, left tractor with concrete man and met Steve at Shell Island as light was breaking. Tried a couple of bars, but no luck. Eased out into the flats and started picking up trout right away. A lot of shorts, but by noon, we had a three man limit of nice fat trout. Back to the bar to try reds again, still no cooper, but got a flounder.

Man was that a day I needed!
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
FishWithChris

Re: To Heck with Repairs - St Marks 3/30

Post by FishWithChris »

Glad you got out there and got on them

Gotta love having to loan your own equipment to people you contract work out to.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

:thumbup: Looks like progress on the house has been slow when I pass by on way to and from ramp.

Did you notice the water temps on the flats? Any particular depth or baits that worked better than others?
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
doomtrpr_z71

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

Sounds like a great time, and cant blame you for saying the heck with it, I blew off working on my shop to take my day trip to the hatch. Ill be blowing it off again to go to St Marks next week, sounds like it'll be a good call.
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

silverking wrote::thumbup: Looks like progress on the house has been slow when I pass by on way to and from ramp.

Did you notice the water temps on the flats? Any particular depth or baits that worked better than others?
Molasses pours faster than these guys work. Course got held up some having to deal with permitting in Franklin Co.. Temps varied between 67-69 degrees.
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

doomtrpr_z71 wrote:Sounds like a great time, and cant blame you for saying the heck with it, I blew off working on my shop to take my day trip to the hatch. Ill be blowing it off again to go to St Marks next week, sounds like it'll be a good call.
It could be habit forming! :smt005