Ecofina April 5-7th.

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Hit-n-Miss

Re: Ecofina April 5-7th.

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Bobber wrote:Ha Ha, thanks - guess you've never been in the old rooms at Shell Island but my wife loves it there so this'll be good.
. Yeah I’ve stomped a few roaches at shell island. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Srbenda

Post by Srbenda »

Nice mixed bag!
All photos copyright @saverymill
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Srbenda wrote:Nice mixed bag!
thanks

doomtrpr_z71

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

Makes me jealous, I was supposed to be at st marks the same time frame but had to cancel, y'all had a great variety and fun for sure
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

doomtrpr_z71 wrote:Makes me jealous, I was supposed to be at st marks the same time frame but had to cancel, y'all had a great variety and fun for sure
. Water temperature perfect right now. Get out there if you can.

Dutch

Post by Dutch »

Love these types of reports. I'm with you, wish more posted what was going on out there.
doomtrpr_z71

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

Hit-n-Miss wrote:
doomtrpr_z71 wrote:Makes me jealous, I was supposed to be at st marks the same time frame but had to cancel, y'all had a great variety and fun for sure

Trying to plant corn in Missouri, I hope to make it down around Easter.
Alinn12

Post by Alinn12 »

Awesome report. Got quite the mixed bag, nice!

Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Dutch wrote:Love these types of reports. I'm with you, wish more posted what was going on out there.
. Yeah there used to be tons of reports and pictures. I see posts on Facebook from people who used to post on here. Miss the posts that Bigbend Brian, Breambuster and others used to post.

Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

doomtrpr_z71 wrote:
Hit-n-Miss wrote:

Trying to plant corn in Missouri, I hope to make it down around Easter.
. Man thats a long haul to go fishing.

Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Alinn12 wrote:Awesome report. Got quite the mixed bag, nice!

. Thanks

Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

Best report I've read in a long time. :thumbup: Hydraulic fluid doesn't evaporate so you might want to check to be sure a seal in the steering cylinder under the motor isn't leaking. I had that happen and had to install new seals. Now I keep a small bottle of fluid in the console.
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Juan wrote:Best report I've read in a long time. :thumbup: Hydraulic fluid doesn't evaporate so you might want to check to be sure a seal in the steering cylinder under the motor isn't leaking. I had that happen and had to install new seals. Now I keep a small bottle of fluid in the console.
. Thanks. Was buddies boat. Had not given problems before. But the adapter and fluid are on the boat now. In case happens again. Lol

zload
Site Sponsor

Post by zload »

Nice report, I really need to get out there but the corn and watermelon seed was calling this past weekend :thumbup:

Bigbend Marine saved my bacon once as well with a mid-morning driveway repair by one of the owners, great folks :D

From the Seastar web page if you are ever really in a bind re: fluid loss:

Recommended oils for your steering system are: SeaStar Fluid, P/N HA5430 (1 quart), HA5440 (1 gallon). The following brands are acceptable: Chevron® Aviation Hydraulic Fluid A, Esso® Univis N15 or J13, Mobil® Aero HFA, Petro Canada Harmony HV115 (in Canada only), Shell® Aero Fluid #41, Texaco® HO15 and other fluids meeting MIL SPEC H-5606-G.

Automatic transmission fluid (Dexron II®) may be used in an emergency. Never use brake fluid. Any non-approved fluid may cause irreparable damage, loss of steering, and cancellation of warranty.

In cases of extreme emergency any nontoxic, nonflammable fluid may provide temporary steering.

Generally, 2 quarts are required for single station, single cylinder filling. Add one quart per additional station or cylinder.

You can add fluid w/o the bottle adapter and hose, that is really designed for the initial fill/purge process. Its not a sealed system the cap has a vent in it and the check fluid level process is simply remove the cap and look for the fluid level add to bring it up, course if it was totally empty you are back to needing the adapter/hose for purging anyway. I keep ATF fluid in the boat for my trim tabs so dual use in an emergency.
2008 Key West 196 Bay Reef
2008 Yamaha 150
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

zload wrote:Nice report, I really need to get out there but the corn and watermelon seed was calling this past weekend :thumbup:

Bigbend Marine saved my bacon once as well with a mid-morning driveway repair by one of the owners, great folks :D

From the Seastar web page if you are ever really in a bind re: fluid loss:

Recommended oils for your steering system are: SeaStar Fluid, P/N HA5430 (1 quart), HA5440 (1 gallon). The following brands are acceptable: Chevron[REGISTERED SIGN] Aviation Hydraulic Fluid A, Esso[REGISTERED SIGN] Univis N15 or J13, Mobil[REGISTERED SIGN] Aero HFA, Petro Canada Harmony HV115 (in Canada only), Shell[REGISTERED SIGN] Aero Fluid #41, Texaco[REGISTERED SIGN] HO15 and other fluids meeting MIL SPEC H-5606-G.

Automatic transmission fluid (Dexron II[REGISTERED SIGN]) may be used in an emergency. Never use brake fluid. Any non-approved fluid may cause irreparable damage, loss of steering, and cancellation of warranty.

In cases of extreme emergency any nontoxic, nonflammable fluid may provide temporary steering.

Generally, 2 quarts are required for single station, single cylinder filling. Add one quart per additional station or cylinder.

You can add fluid w/o the bottle adapter and hose, that is really designed for the initial fill/purge process. Its not a sealed system the cap has a vent in it and the check fluid level process is simply remove the cap and look for the fluid level add to bring it up, course if it was totally empty you are back to needing the adapter/hose for purging anyway. I keep ATF fluid in the boat for my trim tabs so dual use in an emergency.
. Yep they are biting. Great folks at Bigbend. Good information thanks.