St. Marks 04/17 Inshore Slam!

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

ontiltttttt

St. Marks 04/17 Inshore Slam!

Post by ontiltttttt »

Celebrated the end of my second-to-last year of med school by breaking out the kayak for some much needed flats fishing and St. Marks didn’t disappoint. Buddy of mine and I put in at the lighthouse around 9AM and worked the oysters all day with a Gulp shrimp on a jig head. Finally tally: 2 inshore slams (trout, redfish, flounder) for the both of us. Countless undersized trout were caught on paddle tails as well. Hit a school of reds around 2PM and lost an over-slot at the boat. Redfish 22”, trout 18.5”, flounder 10” (released to grow 2 more inches).

Last edited by ontiltttttt on April 22nd, 2019, 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tallykenj
Site Sponsor

Re: St. Marks 04/17 Kayak Fishing

Post by tallykenj »

Sound like a nice time. Congrats.
The Back Porch
silverking
Site Sponsor

Re: St. Marks 04/17 Kayak Fishing

Post by silverking »

Great trip. I haven't used my kayak in a long while since I bought the skiff, but it was always fun to be that close to the water and action. The limited range improves your angling and interpretation skills, IMO. Nicely done.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat