Keaton Beach 4/20/19

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

ddb

Keaton Beach 4/20/19

Post by ddb »

Fished with a couple of friends Saturday 4/20. The weather was about what we expected, lots of wind, but more overcast than anticipated. The water was very stirred up, couldn't find any clean water anywhere. Still managed to pick up a limit of sea trout and an accidental red. The bite was sporadic through the rise, but we had a good bite at the last of the rise. All of our fish were caught in 3-2' of water. Water temps started at 64 and bumped up a little bit to 66 by the end of the day. Had a wet ride in quartering the wind. Managed to have a good day despite the wind and water conditions.
Hit-n-Miss

Re: Keaton Beach 4/20/19

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Glad you got out. BB with you? You always catch the fish regardless of the conditions. Seeing the wind we had in Thomaville I would not have thought it was fishable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ddb

Post by ddb »

Yes, BB was along on this one. It was manageable close to shore, but I wouldn't have wanted to go out much. The wind was ok in the morning but built up pretty good by the afternoon. The water was dirtier than I've ever seen it in that area.
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

ddb, I rode down to the creek that morning. Definitely way too much wind for my ole Stumpnocker and me. The water was not that dirty around Yates. Pretty chilly out there?
Surprised y'all did that good considering the wind and cool water.
Last edited by CSMarine on April 21st, 2019, 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Semper Fi
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

ddb wrote:Yes, BB was along on this one. It was manageable close to shore, but I wouldn't have wanted to go out much. The wind was ok in the morning but built up pretty good by the afternoon. The water was dirtier than I've ever seen it in that area.
. Good to hear. Y’all are a fish catching team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk