Triple Tail

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Css1772
Site Sponsor

Triple Tail

Post by Css1772 »

I’ve been catching tripletail on the crab balls out of St Marks. They seem to be numerous, but small. None of them have been keeper size so far. The new minimum size regulations went into effect last year - it went from 15 to 18 inches. Fun to catch
Attachments
C34EC9BB-A6BF-4D78-87FF-00B62030A937.jpeg
FishWithChris

Re: Triple Tail

Post by FishWithChris »

shhhhhhhhhhhh :lol:

They are definitely heavy this year. A ton of shorts.
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

FishWithChris wrote:shhhhhhhhhhhh :lol:

They are definitely heavy this year. A ton of shorts.
X2
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
redcodefsu

Post by redcodefsu »

The day before I moved to Tallahassee for college, I was finishing the East Cape canal out of Flamingo and our motor broke down. We ran out of bait, food, and water and only had enough "minutes" on our cell phone to call a dad to come get us. While we sat there waiting to be towed in, we watched tripletail float by on the surface during the outgoing tide. Then we decided to jump out of the boat and try to net the floating tripletail. I remember every ten seconds or so one would float by. I don't remember anyone catching any but it was definitely a day to remember.
2003 Key West 1720
2004 90 hp 2-stroke Yamaha
1950's Grumman 17' Double Ender