St. Marks 5/16

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

dombern34
Site Sponsor

St. Marks 5/16

Post by dombern34 »

My good Buddy called earlier in the week and asked if I wanted to take Thursday off and shoot down to the coast. This didn't require much thinking over so that morning I headed south. we had a few regular set backs so we didn't put out of the drive way until 9:00 so my buddy, his wife and his sassy 4 year old little girl who of course has her very own custom rod :wink: along with myself finally got on the road. we stopped a few times along the way and splashed the boat in around 11:00. parking lot was nearly empty which was nice lol.

we headed down the river and then east a little ways. this was my first trip to the coast all year so my excitement was a tad higher than normal. I threw topwater for the first 20-30 minutes. I had a bunch of fish jump all over it but no takers. I put the topwater down and picked up a suspending twitch bait. first cast was a qualified keeper coming in a 21 inches. caught 4 more keepers pinging 15-17". my buddies Wife threw a popping cork with new penny (only thing she'll throw) but she alone probably caught 30-40 fish 95% being shorts, my buddy threw the same thing and caught just as many shorts if not more. I eventually threw a popping cork at the end which resulted in about 8-10 more shorts including a sailcat. I did manage to catch a small shark (maybe a spinner? ) on the twitch bait, that was fun for a few minutes. everything was safely and carefully released. The little one ran out of patience around 3:00 and we headed in for the day.

fished 4-6ft of water
bone colored Sammy topwater- lots of attention but 0 fish
popping cork with new penny (never tried another color) -60-70 shorts and 6 would've kept
chartreuse/white twitch bait- 10-11 shorts - 5 keepers

Hit-n-miss, water temp was 79.8 and I didn't look for any scallops :D
Hit-n-Miss

Re: St. Marks 5/16

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

dombern34 wrote:My good Buddy called earlier in the week and asked if I wanted to take Thursday off and shoot down to the coast. This didn't require much thinking over so that morning I headed south. we had a few regular set backs so we didn't put out of the drive way until 9:00 so my buddy, his wife and his sassy 4 year old little girl who of course has her very own custom rod :wink: along with myself finally got on the road. we stopped a few times along the way and splashed the boat in around 11:00. parking lot was nearly empty which was nice lol.

we headed down the river and then east a little ways. this was my first trip to the coast all year so my excitement was a tad higher than normal. I threw topwater for the first 20-30 minutes. I had a bunch of fish jump all over it but no takers. I put the topwater down and picked up a suspending twitch bait. first cast was a qualified keeper coming in a 21 inches. caught 4 more keepers pinging 15-17". my buddies Wife threw a popping cork with new penny (only thing she'll throw) but she alone probably caught 30-40 fish 95% being shorts, my buddy threw the same thing and caught just as many shorts if not more. I eventually threw a popping cork at the end which resulted in about 8-10 more shorts including a sailcat. I did manage to catch a small shark (maybe a spinner? ) on the twitch bait, that was fun for a few minutes. everything was safely and carefully released. The little one ran out of patience around 3:00 and we headed in for the day.

fished 4-6ft of water
bone colored Sammy topwater- lots of attention but 0 fish
popping cork with new penny (never tried another color) -60-70 shorts and 6 would've kept
chartreuse/white twitch bait- 10-11 shorts - 5 keepers

Hit-n-miss, water temp was 79.8 and I didn't look for any scallops :D
. Lol. Thanks for the temp and report.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk