7/6-7/7

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

dombern34
Site Sponsor

7/6-7/7

Post by dombern34 »

I wish I had a good report, but I don't. 7/6 we headed down to dog island but never put the boat in the water due to the weather. we misjudged the weather by a long shot apparently. we came back and decided to try Sunday. woke up Sunday and figured we'll stay closer to home and opted for St. Marks. boat ramp was slammed so we figured our " Holiday Express meteorologist degrees" paid off. our plans were to scallop but, after literally swimming around for 3 hours in various depths ranging from 3ft- 9ft and only coming up with ONE scallop. I threw it back and we gave up. we headed to the sandbar to drink our sorrows away until the storm chased us back to the ramp. never made a single cast so I can't commit on the fishing. :smt012
flatsbroke22

Re: 7/6-7/7

Post by flatsbroke22 »

Lol. I know the feeling. I almost pulled the trigger Saturday but hindsight told me not to. Thank god I listened or I would’ve done the same thing you did. Be glad when fall gets here and more predictable weather!
2002 Pathfinder 2200v ‘21 200 Suzuki
zload
Site Sponsor

Post by zload »

Alarm went off at 4:30 am wife and I were hoping to get another snapper trip in but one look at the radar and I turned off the lights and went back to sleep.

I did make some nice challah french toast, scrambled eggs and bacon while watching the radar blow up in the gulf. I kept getting text updates from a friend who was in the Mashes Sands area initially, he drove all the way to Mexico Beach trying to find a place to go and catch some snapper w/o thunderstorms. He got to PSJ just in time for the storm to blow in... he finally gave up took some photos of the MB boat ramp and along 98 and turned around.

He was able to get out Sunday and get a 3 person limit.
2008 Key West 196 Bay Reef
2008 Yamaha 150
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

What is the mpg price for three red snapper?

Southern Seafood sells fresh filets. They also carry scallops, if memory serves. :wink:
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
zload
Site Sponsor

Post by zload »

I don't know but I can can eat filet mignon way cheaper than I can eat ARS or gag that I catch... course that would probably apply to trout and redfish if you want to count the boat,rods, tackle etc. I remind myself that I fish for recreation not food :-D
2008 Key West 196 Bay Reef
2008 Yamaha 150
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

I hear ya. Don't keep too many fish myself. But whenever I do plan to save one to throw on the grill I have difficulty finding invitees. :lol:

At least in my business I can write off some of the boat, tackle, etc. with the IRS for research.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat