Horseshoe trip

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

relicshunter

Horseshoe trip

Post by relicshunter »

So I took a trip to Horseshoe on Sat. second time there. Had a decent trip last time with a handful of trout not much else.
This trip was early morning until 1pm. We tried out in 10' or so we tried in at 4' we drifted. We saw small groups of other boats here and there that moved around a lot. Caught 14 trout all 8-15" the few close to 15" were not worth risking my ruler not agreeing with an officers ruler so they went back. Caught two croakers and a 20" red and gobs of sail-fin cats on artificial baits, or pin fish. We have had good luck at those depths other places, just not on Sat. Towards the end there were quite a few boats near us I assume having some success, but like I said everyone was moving a lot.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Re: Horseshoe trip

Post by Salty Gator »

Thanks for the report. I love that area
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Srbenda

Post by Srbenda »

Where is Horseshoe?
All photos copyright @saverymill
THOMAS CITY CURVE
Site Sponsor

Post by THOMAS CITY CURVE »

Good ole Dixie County not far from Cross City
AZ2FL

Post by AZ2FL »

Relichunter,

I fish HSB about three to five times a month and launch on main street. Did you fish north or south of HSB last Saturday?
relicshunter

Post by relicshunter »

I went North all the way up to pepperfish area and around. Tried to find some of the drop offs and any mixed bottom and grass edges.
AZ2FL

Post by AZ2FL »

Relicshunter,
You were searching the correct areas.

I launched last Saturday(8/24) at 6:30 AM and ran half way to Pepperfish, trolled and drifted in 1-4 foot of water in search of Reds. No reds on topwater, but did boat two 18" trout on topwater. Tide was super high by 8:30am, so I ran south for TT. Boated four undersized TT, two 18-1/4" and one 20". Off the water by 12:15 PM.
relicshunter

Post by relicshunter »

I saw two TT that looked way under size, I've only caught 1 legal one and that was before the size bumped up. Nice place , I'll make another run sometime soon.