Tuesday 9/24

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Captainawesomepants

Tuesday 9/24

Post by Captainawesomepants »

I took the day off and went out of St. marks around 10am. Caught a limit of trout and two smaller black drum in the first hour. Trout bite was hot but they were all right around 15". I kept the few 16" that were mixed in. They were hitting paddle tails and top water and were caught in the mouth of the river. I had a 5' bull shark go after one of the drum in about 3' feet of water. I picked up one trout near grey mare on a pinfish.

Decided to try my luck at St. Marks reef and thats about when it ran out. Lots of spanish but I didnt have any wire.

The weather man was spot on and the wind started to pick up in the afternoon so I went in.

Noticed a green bobber on the way in that was swimming around and couldnt help myself so I tied a treble hook and chased it around. Turned out to be a catfish so I really knew it was time to leave. Image

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
fishTheBend

Re: Tuesday 9/24

Post by fishTheBend »

I know the rig is a few dollars, but I hope you threw the bad luck away...