Aucilla 9/26/19

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Aucilla 9/26/19

Post by DixieReb »

Wife and I fished out of Aucilla yesterday for a few hours. NOAA got the wind prediction dead-wrong this time, it was supposed to be smooth to lt. chop and we fought rough west wind most of the trip. Made going out interesting, had to let her sit on the cooler and tack in the wind trying to keep spray from coming in. Tide was rising, first spot was nothing. Moved further south and it got better. Ended up catching 5 keeper trout to 18'', a nice founder, 2 big Spanish, and a 25'' red. Bite was best right on top of high tide and just when it started going out again. White gulp under CT or fished straight did best. Got one of the trout on a new penny. Water was stained and good bit of floating grass out there. Lots of short trout also, 13-14''. Went in at 2:30 and got checked by da man at the ramp. Everything good except I got dinged for having some faded registration #'s on the boat. Just a warning. He said we did a lot better on fish than the other boats he'd checked, made me feel good. Good day out with the wife. :wink:
Yours in the South