9/28-29 weekend

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

fishfalcon

9/28-29 weekend

Post by fishfalcon »

Finally back on the water after a long drawn out boat and trailer repair. I got down to the coast Saturday mid morning to find low tides and a lot more wind than was predicted. I threw the cast net and caught some live baits and then launched the boat around noon. Got out from behind Shell Point and received everything the east wind could give me. Tried to fish an underwater hump, and did manage to catch a few trout on Vudu shrimp with chartreuse tail under a cork and live baits under a cork, but the drift was really fast and I couldn't stand up on the back console so I quickly got tired of getting beat up. I moved to a shallower flat (4 ft) so it was a little smoother and found a bunch of short trout with scattered ladies, Spanish, and sharks. Ended up with three keeper trout. Fished the last hour before dark on the falling tide and it was much nicer. Found a bait pod being harassed and had a blast catching big Spanish, blues and ladyfish. Kept 6 Spanish 20-26" for the smoker.
Sunday my buddy drove down and we fished the early morning fall. It was windy from the east again. Made one pass at the underwater hump with no luck so we went shallow again. Never really got on the fish consistently, but jut picked one up here and there. Lot of shorts and some sharks thrown in on live baits. Finished the day with 6 trout and 3 more Spanish. Great to be back on the water. Water temps 82.5.
Srbenda

Re: 9/28-29 weekend

Post by Srbenda »

nice- it was windy out there.

What boat were you in?
All photos copyright @saverymill
fishfalcon

Re: 9/28-29 weekend

Post by fishfalcon »

21 ft black and white Nautic Star with a 175 Suzuki 4 stroke.