Econfina 10/3-5

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

flatsbroke22

Econfina 10/3-5

Post by flatsbroke22 »

Went down for our annual three day trip to the Icky. Weather was great and the fishing was good. Got on the water around 1:00 on Thursday and only fished a few hours and picked up three trout and a red. Friday's bite was a little slow and my partner and I only managed 6 keeper trout, one nice one at 24". Saturday it was fire. We had our two man limit of trout and reds by 1:00. Biggest trout was 22", red was 25". Most fish caught on Redfin and others on gulp under cork.
2002 Pathfinder 2200v ‘21 200 Suzuki
tabb

Re: Econfina 10/3-5

Post by tabb »

How did you fish those set ups with all that grass?
What was your depth?
flatsbroke22

Post by flatsbroke22 »

I think the floating gras your referring to was further offshore than we were fishing. We stayed in around 3' fishing around the areas of rock grass. Throwing to the edges and in between them. There were tons of bait fish among the rock grass and trout and reds were there. I picked up a lot grass with the Redfin but just worked hard at keeping the lure free after each cast. It was tiresome.
2002 Pathfinder 2200v ‘21 200 Suzuki
tabb

Post by tabb »

I started to fish in close but we were in my buddies brand new xpress. He was already nervous about putting it in the Econfina. Someone told him there was a rocks in the Econfina. I told there was just one rock but in went from the landing to the coast.