10/9/19 keaton

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Nopatients

10/9/19 keaton

Post by Nopatients »

I swear I'm going to get better about timely fishing reports but better late than never, fished out of Keaton on the little boat (14' skiff) 1st 2 drifts went from 3'-8' of water those numbers are guesstimates as the boat doesn't have a depth finder yet caught more shorts that we could count and 3 keeper trout up to about 19" also 2 keeper bass, 2 small sharks, on the third drift we decided it would be our last so we ran all the way into about 2' of water and about 2 mins later hooked up with a cobia that turned out to be 30" but a great fight finished that drift off with a few more keeper trout and a ton of shorts, the water was clear but it was choppy with some white caps, we fished on a falling tide and the water continues to cool off I don't have exact temps. The grass had started to become somewhat avoidable as well. we fished mainly popping corks tried some spoons and jerk baits w/o success

In other news I think I'm going to move down that way I tried to get into the cedar island canal but that was SHAAALLLLLOOOWWWW on a 1'+ tide, I'm looking at a few other places all on the water if anyone has any recommendations or suggestions or lives down around that area I'd love to bring you a beer and pick your brain
Robalo 246
Cast and Blast 17
Hit-n-Miss

Re: 10/9/19 keaton

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Sounds like a good day. Thanks for posting a report.
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

:thumbup: :thumbup: Sounds like you were into the fish. We had a similar day out of Aucilla on Saturday, lots of shorts and 6 keepers to 19''. A depth finder will help you stay in the zone better, they seem to be hanging around 4-5 ft. for us. :wink: And wind has been a problem lately, mostly out of the east.
Yours in the South
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Post by fishinfool »

I am glad I got all the skunk off that skiff before you got it. I fished it for about two years without a depth/GPS unit. It made me pay attention to all my surroundings. I hope you and your son are enjoying it.
Nopatients

Post by Nopatients »

Man that thing is a fish producing machine I'm scared to even put a fishfinder on it at all I'm afraid itll mess up all the good luck
Robalo 246
Cast and Blast 17