Yates Creek Tues 14th - Thur 16th

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Yates Creek Tues 14th - Thur 16th

Post by CSMarine »

Was able to skirt the low tides, and fog long enough Tuesday to get out for about an hour and a half. Incoming tide, water temp 63 degrees. Most Mullet I've seen in the creek this year.
Had problems catching bait, but finally caught a few Pinfish. Ran to first spot, first cast, both my wife and I hooked up to huge Reds. Both over 27, released. That's the way the next hour went. We were ran off the water by a fog bank from hell. Ended up with a 25 and a 26 inch Red, and ten Trout. All the Trout were between 18 and 20 but two. One was 26 and the other was 24 inches. Everything caught on Pin Fish.

WEDNESDAY- repeat of Tuesday including the low tides and fog. Difference was not as much Mullet in the creek. Very few Pinfish. Went to same spot, same time of day, same bait. Very little Mullet. Bite was right off, just like day before. Except, they were mostly drinks. Lost count how many 14-15 inch Reds we fought and released. Same with the Trout, Tuesday we never caught one Trout undersize. This day we had to work hard to get six Trout and two Reds. Again left the water about 4:00pm. Could barely see the road home.

THURSDAY - Easy to report. Same time, same fog, same everything. Difference, absolutely no Mullet in the creek, or on the immediate flats. No Pinfish, nothing moving. Including the fish. Caught three keeper Trout, and one keeper Red.
Had a great three days on the water, and my Stumpnocker got to stretch it's legs on a little jog up the coast.
Last edited by CSMarine on January 19th, 2020, 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Semper Fi
silverking
Site Sponsor

Re: Yates Creek Tues 15th - Thur 17th

Post by silverking »

Good report, CSMarine.Glad you and your wife are enjoying retirement! I dealt with the fog out of Lanark on Wednesday. Stayed socked in until about 2 and finally cleared off to a beautiful evening.

If you want to edit the title, go to the edit function after you log in and open your original post. Then you can edit or change the subject box/title.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat