Flats reports???

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Red Beard

Flats reports???

Post by Red Beard »

Spent most the day out and found plenty of trout. No Spanish today, could been that north wind pushing them out some. Found some triple tail and had a blast.

Family got to see what I meant when I said look for a dirty bag floating in the water.

Also spotted some flamingos and tons of dolphin this morning.

Hope yall are well and staying safe. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Srbenda

Re: Flats reports???

Post by Srbenda »

Red Beard wrote:Spent most the day out and found plenty of trout. No Spanish today, could been that north wind pushing them out some. Found some triple tail and had a blast.

Family got to see what I meant when I said look for a dirty bag floating in the water.

Also spotted some flamingos and tons of dolphin this morning.

Hope yall are well and staying safe. Image

Nice! Where were the flamingoes?

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
All photos copyright @saverymill
Red Beard

Post by Red Beard »

The flamingos flew over head as we were fishing.

Srbenda

Post by Srbenda »

Red Beard wrote:The flamingos flew over head as we were fishing.

Very cool!
Srbenda

Post by Srbenda »

Fished Saturday, and headed far east to avoid the forecasted easterly winds and ended up with a really nice day. The sun was out by 12, and the water was clear.

Had a mixed bag of bluefish, spanish and trout. Caught an alleged smooth pufferfish on a Gulp, but he refused to puff, and we requested a refund.

Drifted a pinfish almost all day with no love from trout, sharks or reds.

Shiny, glittery baits seemed to work best, although shrimp are still working to some extent.

The amount of boat traffic is definitely down, also radio traffic on 16, and I'm wondering what impact this will have on the fisheries, but it has to be positive.

Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

We went out yesterday afternoon to a full lot at the light house. Folks parked on the street. Even a nice Asian family of 8 taking up the entire loading dock fishing. They even had a big outdoor umbrella on the end of the dock. At least half of them were wearing masks :lol: Lots of boats out. But the redfish were hungry and fighting each other for our artificials.
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

Post by onefishtwofish »

You sure they were Flamingos? The reason I ask is that I have seen Roseate Spoonbills in St Marks several times and from a distance they look alike.
Ducks, turkeys, flats fishing. Who has time for golf?
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

Definitely spoonbills, as we only have one, maybe two, flamingos here in St Marks

Sent from the KetchupPacket
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
Red Beard

Flats reports???

Post by Red Beard »

onefishtwofish wrote:You sure they were Flamingos? The reason I ask is that I have seen Roseate Spoonbills in St Marks several times and from a distance they look alike.
Luckily I recorded it flying by, here is a screenshot zoomed in...

Definitely not a spoonbill.

Last edited by Red Beard on April 16th, 2020, 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Red Beard

Post by Red Beard »

Put in toaday around 15:00 after riding around a few potential spots until landing at a landing.

Fished all afternoon to sunset and caught one trout to run the skunk off the skiff at the very last fishing spot on the way back.

Talked with a few guys coming and going all either caught reds or saw reds. Watched a kayaker catch a upper slot red. He was pumped and I was pumped for him.

Saw loads of mullet. And had the opportunity to throw on a few reds on the grass flats but wouldn’t eat. And I spooked a few not seeing them. Saw plenty of pinfish and plenty baits got chewed to bits

Best Part of The Day

Got to watch a couple from Georgia play the fire drill game appeared to try and attempt a load/launch/load/launch again off their trailer. (never seen such a daring move) I really didn’t mind the entertainment, was in no hurry. So I watched in amusement.

Launched after they gave me some space, since his boat was moored so loose it was blocking me from taking my boat of the trailer. No hurry still I waited patiently.

They take off, I parked and off we were. Notice a boat DIW on the way out. As I got closer the googans in front of me turn around coming back towards me on sketchy line and yells “they need help” and speed off in the complete opposite direction they were going. Straight odd balls.

Long story short I helped the father and son with a tow back to the ramp. Happy to return the favor, I was towed in not so long ago by a jet ski. They were grateful and happy to share their day of fish catching stories with me. As soon as they got moored up he turned the key and his motor fired up. “That’s how it goes”

I turned the music on and thought to myself “The boat ramp, you just can’t make this stuff up.”

Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Red Beard wrote:Put in toaday around 15:00 after riding around a few potential spots until landing at a landing.

Fished all afternoon to sunset and caught one trout to run the skunk off the skiff at the very last fishing spot on the way back.

Talked with a few guys coming and going all either caught reds or saw reds. Watched a kayaker catch a upper slot red. He was pumped and I was pumped for him.

Saw loads of mullet. And had the opportunity to throw on a few reds on the grass flats but wouldn’t eat. And I spooked a few not seeing them. Saw plenty of pinfish and plenty baits got chewed to bits

Best Part of The Day

Got to watch a couple from Georgia play the fire drill game appeared to try and attempt a load/launch/load/launch again off their trailer. (never seen such a daring move) I really didn’t mind the entertainment, was in no hurry. So I watched in amusement.

Launched after they gave me some space, since his boat was moored so loose it was blocking me from taking my boat of the trailer. No hurry still I waited patiently.

They take off, I parked and off we were. Notice a boat DIW on the way out. As I got closer the googans in front of me turn around coming back towards me on sketchy line and yells “they need help” and speed off in the complete opposite direction they were going. Straight odd balls.

Long story short I helped the father and son with a tow back to the ramp. Happy to return the favor, I was towed in not so long ago by a jet ski. They were grateful and happy to share their day of fish catching stories with me. As soon as they got moored up he turned the key and his motor fired up. “That’s how it goes”

I turned the music on and thought to myself “The boat ramp, you just can’t make this stuff up.”

I thought you fished out of Franklin county where they only let local, non noobs launch.
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Red Beard

Post by Red Beard »

Salty Gator wrote:
Red Beard wrote:Put in toaday around 15:00 after riding around a few potential spots until landing at a landing.

Best Part of The Day

I thought you fished out of Franklin county where they only let local, non noobs launch.
Never said such. That’s your assumptions.

Srbenda

Post by Srbenda »

Fished today from 10 to 5. The cold evenings seem to put the lock jaw on fish. Fished east in beautiful clear water from 6' to 4' with everything in the box.

Caught ladyfish, sharks, and catfish. Fished a few bars and saw mullet from the tower, but caught nothing for the box.

Veggie pasta for dinner tonight.

Red Beard

Flats reports???

Post by Red Beard »

Ahh come on... you could of had a nice grilled lady fish to accompany your pasta. Ha ha

Sent from my Olive Garden using Tapatalk
Srbenda

Post by Srbenda »

Red Beard wrote:Ahh come on... you could of had a nice grilled lady fish to accompany your pasta. Ha ha

Sent from my Olive Garden using Tapatalk
I'd have eaten the shark before the ladyfish.
But no thanks