Flats reports???

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

geofish

Re: Flats reports???

Post by geofish »

Calmer today, worked the flats for a bit. Quite a few 12-14 inch trout, plus a good bluefish. Got real calm mid-day so I ran out to Dog Ballard. Caught some good size mackerel and an undersized gag.
Pretty day.
Amazing number of boats out there, too, including a huge clump at the party bar.
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Water was murky all over the Lanark area except on the gulf side of Dog Island. Picked up a few keepers, threw back a good number of shorts. Caught trout, spainish, blues and sail cats. Beautiful day on the water.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
Hit-n-Miss

Flats reports???

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Was going to go fishing yesterday with my wife but decided not to. To get out of the house we packed a lunch and rode down to St Marks. You would have thought it was scallop season. Trailers parked to the crossroads and way beyond from the fort. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Redbelly
Site Sponsor

Post by Redbelly »

They should open all the ramps back up.
How is crowding people into a few ramps helping with Social distancing??
Work 2 fish 4 days

1988 vintage 1436 Fisher Jon
1992 vintage 15 hp Merc
bead

Post by bead »

One of the two sharks we caught on Fri on the flats was a nice sized black tip (the other bonnet) Now I discover BT are good eating, can't find info on what to do after in the boat? Bleed, gut? Can someone steer me in the direction?
doomtrpr_z71

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

I heard an hour wait to use the lift at river haven yesterday. And supposedly people in Taylor co have started removing barriers to launch, granted this is from Facebook but apparently deputies were after someone for using the county ramp in town in steinhatchee.

bman

Post by bman »

bead wrote:One of the two sharks we caught on Fri on the flats was a nice sized black tip (the other bonnet) Now I discover BT are good eating, can't find info on what to do after in the boat? Bleed, gut? Can someone steer me in the direction?
I put them in an ice slush. Then fillet at the dock. Cut the meat off the skin shallow an you will leave most of the red meat on the skin. Trim any red left on the fillet off.

Fry like any fish. Or marinade and grill... it’s great.
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
mpa_72001

Post by mpa_72001 »

county commissioner meeting tonight in taylor county.theres a petition to open them up and one to close them also going around on facebook and yes someone did move one of the barricades near a stainhatchee ramp but no one knows what county they were from the deputies were waiting on them to come back but no report on that of it.
Redbelly
Site Sponsor

Post by Redbelly »

I just saw on FB that Ecofina opened up
Work 2 fish 4 days

1988 vintage 1436 Fisher Jon
1992 vintage 15 hp Merc
spoton
Site Sponsor

Post by spoton »

Was a beautiful day out there Sunday, and that brought the armada out. Trailers parked everywhere at the St. Marks fort; even the FWC ranger truck/trailer had to park in the overflow lot. Most people I saw seemed patient with the launch lines. Saw most boats going East so decided to fish the West flats. That worked out well as we caught trout to 19" with very few shorts drifting in with the tide from 5 feet.
Srbenda

Post by Srbenda »

Fished Friday afternoon for a few hours, picked up a few trout on the west flats. Tried to fish a few bars near the lighthouse with no luck. Water temps were around 72.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
All photos copyright @saverymill