Without pictures it did not happen

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Without pictures it did not happen

Post by Jumptrout51 »

WHOSE FISH IS IT?
big bend gyrene

Re: Without pictures it did not happen

Post by big bend gyrene »

Thanks for sharing this, JT. One of the most interesting things I've seen on BBF. Can't believe more folks haven't commented -- maybe the repeated subject header kept them from opening it thinking they've seen the post already? Hardest thing for me to understand after looking at the pictures is how in the world some crazies on the far left think we should be apologetic about winning the war against those who attacked us at Pearl Harbor, brutally abused (beyond what once can imagine) our men during the Bataan death march, and were suicidal in their desire to fight us.

Again, many, MANY thanks for sharing. :thumbup: salute1
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Very sobering way to start the day. Certainly makes one appreciate what those boys went through. Had several uncles serve in the Pacific Theater and proudly served in the U.S. Navy myself. Fortunately there are still a lot of folks who remember the sneak attack and other Jap atrocities. That's why you'll never see me driving anything but a Ford.
kirt123

Post by kirt123 »

Yes, I am very proud to have had that generation fight Nazis and Japs. And to think there are Neo Nazis still today that claim history is skewed on the holocaust.... Makes me sick.
FUTCHCAIRO

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

THOSE PICTURES BROUGHT BACK MANY MEMORIES. I WAS ON 3 DIFFERENT CARRIERS FROM MIDWAY ALL THE WAY TO IWO BEEN TRYIN TO FORGET WHAT WE ALL WENT THROUGH BUT IT JUST WILL NOT GO AWAY. I FLEW F4U AND THE TBF,TBM TORPEDO BOMBERS OUR SQD. FLEW COVER FOR THE 3 MARINE DIV ON ALL THE INVASIONS THE 3 RD. ATTEMPTED. IT WAS A BLOODY MESS HAVING LOST THE YORKTOWN,
INDEPENDENCE,AND THE ENTERPRISE BEFORE I CAME BACK.
I AM THE ONLY ONE LEFT OUT OF 795 MEN IN THE 275 TH AIR SUPPORT WING. SEVERAL OF MY MEN AND I MET EVERY CHRISTMAS FOR MANY YEARS, OLD AGE CAUGHT UP WITH MOST OF THE ONES THAT SURVIVED THE WAR. LAST MARCH THE ONLY SURVIVOR BESIDE ME DIED AND THAT LEAVES ME AS THE ONLY ONE LEFT OUT OF THE 275TH.
PA THE OLD MAN OF THE SEA SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Pa,thank you for your service,sorry for your losses. salute3
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

Jumptrout51 wrote:Pa,thank you for your service,sorry for your losses. salute3
:thumbup:
salty tiger
Advertising Sponsor

Post by salty tiger »

Jumptrout51 wrote:This did happen.
http://blogs.denverpost.com/captured/20 ... #more-1547
FUTCHCAIRO wrote:THOSE PICTURES BROUGHT BACK MANY MEMORIES. I WAS ON 3 DIFFERENT CARRIERS FROM MIDWAY ALL THE WAY TO IWO BEEN TRYIN TO FORGET WHAT WE ALL WENT THROUGH BUT IT JUST WILL NOT GO AWAY. I FLEW F4U AND THE TBF,TBM TORPEDO BOMBERS OUR SQD. FLEW COVER FOR THE 3 MARINE DIV ON ALL THE INVASIONS THE 3 RD. ATTEMPTED. IT WAS A BLOODY MESS HAVING LOST THE YORKTOWN,
INDEPENDENCE,AND THE ENTERPRISE BEFORE I CAME BACK.
I AM THE ONLY ONE LEFT OUT OF 795 MEN IN THE 275 TH AIR SUPPORT WING. SEVERAL OF MY MEN AND I MET EVERY CHRISTMAS FOR MANY YEARS, OLD AGE CAUGHT UP WITH MOST OF THE ONES THAT SURVIVED THE WAR. LAST MARCH THE ONLY SURVIVOR BESIDE ME DIED AND THAT LEAVES ME AS THE ONLY ONE LEFT OUT OF THE 275TH.
PA THE OLD MAN OF THE SEA SEMPER FI
HUMBLING
tallykenj
Site Sponsor

Post by tallykenj »

Thank you to all who served and those who currenlty a member of the military and law enforcement communities. Your awesome. I can't imagine what soldiers in war experience but everyday I experience the freedom they fight to preserve. I thank God everyday for my life.
The Back Porch
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Pa, I salute your service. My father was in the medical corp and he hopped those islands putting folks back together. He never wanted to talk about it much. He passed 6 years ago and I know now many of you great WWII vets are left. I watched the HBO series on the War in the Pacific. An old Marine in our Church said it was the most realistic account of those battles that he had ever seen and ever wanted to see again. salute3
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
Harmsway
Site Sponsor

Post by Harmsway »

The greatest generation . . . salute3 :smt038 :smt059 :smt022
To fish, or not to fish, . . . those are the answers.