archery ?s

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

archery ?s

Post by SHOWBOAT »

Despite growing up in OH, many of you know I just started shooting a bow a few years back. I guess high school sports were always interfering with early fall season. Since getting my first bow, I've managed to take nice bucks every year except the first. More importantly, I really enjoy shooting. I just dropped my bow off at SGO to get a new string. While there I shot a new Matthews Creed, and I'm thinking of making my starter bow, a SE, my back-up. Not b/c it doesn't function well enough, but I'm always interested in equipment

Where locally can I get my hands on more bows to test?
Is anybody here a member of the Tallahassee Archery Club or have any info re: them?
Any other archery clubs I should be aware of?
I know a couple guys on here were doing small group shoots just prior to season last year, anybody else shooting regularly?

Thanks for any advice or recommendations.
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Re: archery ?s

Post by Gulf Coast »

I deal with Trey at Seminole, I like and shoot Bowtech. Also if you want to book a hunt in the land of the GIANTS he runs a first class outfitter operation in Ill. close to Iowa ! I think Coral Reef scuba is a Hoyt dealer...that would be my @nd choice in bows.Tba has a tournament once a month, check them out online
Last edited by Gulf Coast on July 22nd, 2014, 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

BTW 52 days til opening season here... :smt004
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

I can't wait Chris. Glad I took my bow in for a string when I did. I need to get back to shooting.
I have my two annual trips to big buck country, Licking County, OH, set. No outfitter, but my mom's cooking is hard to beat; though my dad may tell you it wasn't always that way.

Other than that I'll be hunting my place. No public land this year.

Are you and Hobbs shooting yet?

I shot the Hoyt's at lunch today. Still would like to try some of the others.
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

Steve has not come over yet, but we shoot every Wed. at 6. Mostly just horse play now...bout another month we'll get dialed in !!!
hmaadd29

Post by hmaadd29 »

check out the new obsession line up. They are made close to home in middle south GA. You will not be dissapointed. I got the phoenix and luv it Nice deer
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

Thanks. Nice looking bows. It appears McCoy's in Marianna is the closest dealer. I'll give them a call and see what they have in stock.
Mister Mullet

Post by Mister Mullet »

Tallahassee Indoor Shooting Range has archery lanes and bows you can try.
dombern34
Site Sponsor

Post by dombern34 »

I’ve shot Mathews for about 7 years and then went to a Hoyt about 4 years ago. This year i bought a elite and it's amazing. All the bows now are nice but i would HIGHLYYYYYYY recommend shooting an elite before you make a purchase on one.