JUST VENTING

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

One Keeper

JUST VENTING

Post by One Keeper »

Can't really believe the things some people do. Me and Jeff went down to Aucilla this past Saturday to catch up on some much needed trout fishing. Arrived shortly after daylight and headed down river to try our luck. The day ended with several storms building off shore and running us off the water bout 2:00 with minimal luck. when we got back to the ramp to load up it seems someone had stolen the aluminun ramp that connects the floating dock to the one coming from shore. Also someone musta caught a few trout because the was several heads and backbones on the little fish cleaning table that sits about 10 feet from the river. Can't really understand how people can do this kinda stuff. Just my .02
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Re: JUST VENTING

Post by Flint River Pirate »

Some people have zero respect for other's property. I have a friend that works for the GA Parks dept and he said people steal anything including things that are nailed down!
Team Jolly Mon
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Terrible, I wish I was surprised
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

Jeff -

It had to be between 12:30 and 2:00 then, because it was still there when Jim and I pulled our boat out. That's sort of surprising because there were two other boats taking out around the same time we were, and a lot of trailers still in the lot. I am surprised they found time to get it loose and take it out of there.

This doesn't bode well for our area. I moved here from Tampa in 1994. Down there, it was not uncommon for a fisherman to return to the ramp and find his entire aluminum trailer gone. The thieves would unbolt your trailer ball or unpin the slide-in part of the hitch, then take the entire trailer to be cut up and recycled. :thumbdown:

My bet is that the Aucilla dock will show up at one of the nearby recycle yards. Hopefully, they will report it.
THOMAS CITY CURVE
Site Sponsor

Post by THOMAS CITY CURVE »

Probably some of the same crowd that throws the ramp fee lock box int the water every time it's fixed.