shark at spring warrior

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

ragansm1

shark at spring warrior

Post by ragansm1 »

Came by my boat today. Was in 5-6 ft water. According to my boat size was 10-12 ft long. At least 2 ft across the head. Just cruised around and left. Been fishing a long
time and never saw this before.
FUTCHCAIRO

Re: shark at spring warrior

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

I AM NOT SURPRISED, WE NEED TO KILL OFF ABOUT 1/2 MILLION OR SO, WAY TOO MANY SHARKS, NEED TO DEPLETE THE POPULATION SOON OR SHARKS WILL BE THE ONLY THING LEFT TO CATCH.
PA
SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

I had one that was not quite that big pounce on a Zara Spook about this same time last year right in the mouth of Sulphur Bayou, just West of the Aucilla. He came all the way out of the water after that Spook and looked every bit of 7-8 feet long.
DEMON
Site Sponsor

Post by DEMON »

I have seen plenty of studies showing sharks in a decline but I haven't noticed any decline around here. I still see several every trip.
countrycorners

Post by countrycorners »

How did you cook 'em?
bman

Post by bman »

A couple weeks ago we were fishing the flats off Shell Point and kept having 12 inch sharks swim by the boat or hit our gulp.
One or two would not have surprised me. But we saw +-20
Never seen that many babies at one time!
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
Mister Mullet

Post by Mister Mullet »

Sharks are our friends...sort of. Several years ago a campaign was launched in Austrialia to catch and kill as many sharks as possible. That being done, the unintended consequence was the collapse of the lobster industry. Shortly after the sharks were gone, the octopus population exploded. Octopus love lobster...and sharks love octopus. So if we kill off the sharks, we might kill the stone crab and lobster fishing. Then what...scallops, oysters? Everything in moderation. IMO