Isn't it nice to get a 70% raise

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

http://www.wctv.tv/home/headlines/Local ... 86021.html

Yep, I am doing a little ranting here.

Seems anytime government wants a little more, they do not do it by small increases like our wages, but by whopping amounts.

Raising the permit fees from 15.00 to 25.00 is an instant 70% raise for government.

Must be nice..... :o

Dubble :thumbup:
The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Re: Isn't it nice to get a 70% raise

Post by Jumptrout51 »

If you can't afford it....stay home.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
Welby
Site Sponsor

Post by Welby »

Thanks for the info Dubble
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

Jumptrout51 wrote:If you can't afford it....stay home.

We don't all get a retirement check every month you old codger..... :-D

The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
wacissaguy

Post by wacissaguy »

Be thankful you ain't in south Fla. my buddy pays around 200.00 for an annual pass to the public ramp at bayfront park.The fee they charge now at St. Marks is a gift-what would you do if they had to close?
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

wacissaguy wrote:Be thankful you ain't in south Fla. my buddy pays around 200.00 for an annual pass to the public ramp at bayfront park.The fee they charge now at St. Marks is a gift-what would you do if they had to close?

Just like cable TV that has "conditioned" us to pay for commercials on TV that used to have none, we now accept paying for "Public" land access. Problem with government is that they can do what they want, and the sheeple just sit back and say "Nothing I can do".

Has nothing to do with the price, just the fact that we are even charged to access "Public" lands is what I am talking about. I am sick and tired of the ridiculously wasteful government we have saying things like "If we don't raise fees we will have to shut it down."

NO, you quit wasting our tax money and become fiscally responsible!

Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

I certainly don't disagree with the comments about public access and being ask to pay for something that supposedly belongs to us... but I'm just as disturbed at how the "public" treats the areas and has a tendency to turn them into a waste management collection point. Somebody has to pay for the cleanup... just say'n.
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Sir reel wrote:I certainly don't disagree with the comments about public access and being ask to pay for something that supposedly belongs to us... but I'm just as disturbed at how the "public" treats the areas and has a tendency to turn them into a waste management collection point. Somebody has to pay for the cleanup... just say'n.
:thumbup:
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
crappielimits

Post by crappielimits »

They do a great job at st marks and it's an awesome facility. It's well worth the cost. Most landings at the coast run $10 a launch now anyway. Public land and maintenance does come at a cost.
EddieJoe

Post by EddieJoe »

Hunters and fishermen, which tend to be fiscally conservative, send like minded representatives to congress. Federal agency budgets are reduced accordingly. As a result, NWRs like St. marks have budget cuts, and the only way they can stay open is to up fees.
So, they propose fee increases and the wailing from the same guys that demanded budget cuts starts. Go figure.
It's part of that magical thinking of the loaves and the fishes, except this doesn't involve Jesus.

EJ
flogator

Post by flogator »

Please vote 'NO' on amendment 1. While this sounds good the truth is that the poor/rural counties in Florida cannot afford it. I live in Putnam County and our county commissioners have ''purchased' large tracts of land. What this means is that this property comes off the tax rolls and guess who picks up the tax increases. When questioned about public access to this property the answer is they do not have enough personnel to administer access. We need an amendment to the amendment that states the state will pay taxes to the county they purchase land in. This will probably pass due to votes in the large cities in Florida by individuals whose tax rate doesn't increase.
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

Sir reel wrote:I certainly don't disagree with the comments about public access and being ask to pay for something that supposedly belongs to us... but I'm just as disturbed at how the "public" treats the areas and has a tendency to turn them into a waste management collection point. Somebody has to pay for the cleanup... just say'n.

Problem is, most of the ones who do that are getting in half price or free anyway!

MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Our governments, local, state and federal have become the royal ruling class. Even though the economy stinks, they think it is okay to raise taxes and fees to support raising their salaries, benefits and out of town training. It is really very sickening! :smt011
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!