Opinions on Food Saver Vacuum Sealer Please..

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

onthechew

Re: Opinions on Food Saver Vacuum Sealer Please..

Post by onthechew »

Get a pro vacuum sealer 2300.You wont go wrong, I have had one for 8 years and have sealed about 1500 bags to date. It will seal 2 8x12 bags at once. The trick to keeping the seal area clean is this. Take a large stadium cup and cut the bottom out. Place it in the bag so about 3/4 of the cup is in the bag. Now toss the meat through the cup and the seal never gets any water or grease from meat in the seal area. Also don't overfill the bags. The best deal on bags is at that website. They are heavy duty enough to seal grouper throats.
leonreno

Post by leonreno »

Harmsway wrote:I'm going to invent a vacuum sealer that uses standard ziplock freezer bags. Sorta like Gary's method, but no juice in the mouth.
You could try one of these:
http://mobile.walmart.com/ip/Ziploc-Vac ... t/12443047
RedMann
Site Sponsor

Post by RedMann »

I've been using a Food Saver for fish for many years and have never had a problem with the moisture screwing up the suck and seal function. I must be doing something wrong. :lol: Like Fishinfool, mine has the liquid catch tray on it. Maybe that's what makes the difference. And, yes, you better clean that tray out after every use or it can get ugly. :o
kikstand454

Post by kikstand454 »

^ x2