Gerald Ensley's article in the Democrat on banning guns

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

bman

Gerald Ensley's article in the Democrat on banning guns

Post by bman »

l'll I can say is good grief... :-?
How is it that the supposed greatest nation on earth refuses to stop the unholy availability of guns?

I'm not talking about gun control. I'm not talking about waiting periods and background checks.

I'm talking about flat-out banning the possession of handguns and assault rifles by individual citizens. I'm talking about repealing or amending the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.
The entire article here:
Stop the insanity_ Ban guns.pdf
(316.95 KiB) Downloaded 115 times
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
DEMON
Site Sponsor

Re: Gerald Ensley's article in the Democrat on banning guns

Post by DEMON »

He's idiot. And not just on this subject. Don't know how to say it any nicer.
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

There is a big discussion about him and the article on AR15.com. Let's just say his phone and e-mail will be a little busy the next few days! :-D

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/168946 ... tml&page=1

Contact Gerald Ensley at 850-599-2310 or gensley@tallahassee.com

---
The quote that shows what a fruit loop he is:

"One of the frequent refrains of gun freaks about President Obama is "He's coming for our guns." 
Obama never said such a thing.
But I will:
We're coming for your guns. And someday, we'll take them."
---

Yeah, in your wildest dreams little man......

Dubble :thumbup:
The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Another liberal rag idjit. He only wants to keep the parts of the Constitution that he and his liberal idjit friends like. They can't believe that a tyrannical government might rise up after all the weapons are gone. They fail to study history.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

There's a reason it was in the opinion section...

And at least half the reporters in the newsroom cannot stand him. Just an opinionated old dog trying to keep the attention.

A real dumb old dog...
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
lonesouth
Site Sponsor

Post by lonesouth »

MudDucker wrote:Another liberal rag idjit. He only wants to keep the parts of the Constitution that he and his liberal idjit friends like. They can't believe that a tyrannical government might rise up after all the weapons are gone. They fail to study history.
His ilk will be first in line to pick up his gov't issue weapon and body armor for use in disarming the general population.
850-273-8818
crappielimits

Post by crappielimits »

I firmly support gun rights and will not waste my time on this moron. Might be surprised how the Plantation Woods shooter was stopped if he did more research. A lunatic will find a way to create fear or attention, if he don't have a gun then there are many other options such as explosive devices or poisons.

What I can't understand is why we raise heck about our guns, but they are taking our fishing rights and giving the freedom to commercial fisherman to do as they please. How they going to have a meeting about Gulf red grouper in Key Largo. We need to stand up for those rights too. How many of you have been checked and documented on your quota of red snapper or grouper caught for a year? They have holes in there scientific guess. There is so many Red Snapper out there you can't get down to other species. Why are we on a quota? Why are seasons closed? If they feel a quota is needed then why not use a tag system, instead of forcing anglers to try and beat the bad weather through a shortened season?

Sorry to vent on your thread, but they are taking our fish before our guns!
RedMann
Site Sponsor

Post by RedMann »

I had an e-mail exchange with Ensley a few months ago about an article we wrote. Apparently one morning he found a young man he did not know asleep in his (Ensley's) den. Ensley was very proud of the fact that he did not call the police and just woke the guy up and sent him on his way. I suggested to him that, although things seemed to have worked out okay for him and his family, that was not a wise course of action or one he should be suggesting that other people follow if the same were to happen to them. He had no way of knowing what that person would do when he woke up or what harm he might do to himself or others once he was put out on the street. If it was actually an innocent (drunken?) mistake as Ensley assumed, no charges would have been brought and the police could have just given the guy a ride home. Or, they could have taken the guy somewhere to get some help if that's what he needed. To me, the sensible thing would have been to arm myself, call 911 and then let the police handle it. Anyway, no surprise that Ensley did not agree with me on that. If the guy wants to put his own life at risk with strangers in his house, no guns, etc. that's his choice but when he starts saying that others should do the same foolish things that's when I have a problem. Very glad he's not actually in charge of anything (other than a keyboard). I think the guy's just one of those "peace, love, dope" types that never grew up and left the 60's.
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

RedMann wrote:I had an e-mail exchange with Ensley a few months ago about an article we wrote. Apparently one morning he found a young man he did not know asleep in his (Ensley's) den. Ensley was very proud of the fact that he did not call the police and just woke the guy up and sent him on his way. I suggested to him that, although things seemed to have worked out okay for him and his family, that was not a wise course of action or one he should be suggesting that other people follow if the same were to happen to them. He had no way of knowing what that person would do when he woke up or what harm he might do to himself or others once he was put out on the street. If it was actually an innocent (drunken?) mistake as Ensley assumed, no charges would have been brought and the police could have just given the guy a ride home. Or, they could have taken the guy somewhere to get some help if that's what he needed. To me, the sensible thing would have been to arm myself, call 911 and then let the police handle it. Anyway, no surprise that Ensley did not agree with me on that. If the guy wants to put his own life at risk with strangers in his house, no guns, etc. that's his choice but when he starts saying that others should do the same foolish things that's when I have a problem. Very glad he's not actually in charge of anything (other than a keyboard). I think the guy's just one of those "peace, love, dope" types that never grew up and left the 60's.

This additional information about him confirms that he is one stone stupid son of a gun. He is lucky to be alive. You fall asleep in my den as an uninvited guest, you will wake to the feeling of a cold muzzle pressed against your head. Won't pull the trigger unless it is necessary, but I will not be unarmed and trying to engage you in conversation about your wayward lifestyle.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
RedMann
Site Sponsor

Post by RedMann »

The guy definitely doesn't have the sense that God gave a turnip. Absolutely need to get him out of the news business -- put down the keyboard and slowly back away.
DEMON
Site Sponsor

Post by DEMON »

RedMann wrote:The guy definitely doesn't have the sense that God gave a turnip. Absolutely need to get him out of the news business -- put down the keyboard and slowly back away.
Agreed. Especially since he's not a journalist. He's just an opinion writer and just his own opinion at that.