wet tuesday morning

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Blue spinner
Site Sponsor

wet tuesday morning

Post by Blue spinner »

good mornin all
been raining up this way since 4:30am
One thing about the speed of light it gets here too early in the morning
bman

Re: wet tuesday morning

Post by bman »

Thunder at at 6am and my girls are all awake...
"Dada, i hear big boom and I scared!"
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Post by fishinfool »

Mornin y'all...gonna be tough to keep your powder dry today... salute2
FUTCHCAIRO

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

WE HAVE HAD 3.5 INCHES SO FAR HERE AT THE SOUTH FORTY
PA
SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

Fish'in's probably done for this year. Still rain'in. :(
Yours in the South
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

Promised my sister-in-law that I'd bring redfish tomorrow to Jacksonville for her Christmas Eve dinner, so I sucked it up and hit Horns Creek at the Refuge around 11am today, just ahead of the monsoon. First 2 casts brought 2 upper slot reds. Raced back to the car precisely as the skies unloaded a gully-washer. Got out of there just ahead of the lightning showcase.

Timing is everything!
FUTCHCAIRO

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

HEY GARY, I DIDN'T KNOW YOU WERE A HIGHLANDS COUNTY BOY. I HAD THE PLEASURE OF BEING ABLE TO FISH LAKE ARBUCKLE MANY YEARS, MY FRIEND JOHN GIDDENS AND I CAUGHT SOME OF THE LARGEST SPECKS OUT OF ARBUCKLE FOR MANY YEARS. ALSO CAUGHT A LARGE MOUTH BASS THAT WEIGHED 18 POUNDS RIGHT IN THE CREEK WHERE IT GOES OUT OF THE LAKE. I HAD CAUGHT A BIG SPECK AND WAS EASING IT TO THE BOAT WHEN THAT BIG OLE BASS JUST INHALED IT AND I WAS ABLE TO GET HER TO THE BOAT CLOSE ENOUGH FOR JOHN TO NET HER. REALLY LOVED THAT COUNTRY AND IT WAS A PLEASURE LIVING THERE UNTIL THE FREEZE OF DEC. 13, 1957 CAME THROUGH AND WIPED MY PLOW SHEAR CLEAN. MY FAMILY AND I LOST OVER 2 MILLION BUCKS WHEN THAT FREEZE CAME THROUGH. OLD BEN HILL GRIFFIN LOST CONSIDERABLE MORE THAN THAT, HE HAD ENOUGH RESERVE TO MAKE A COME BACK. I AM HEADIN DOWN THROUGH AVON PARK THE DAY AFTER CHRISTMAS TO SEE THE 3 PEOPLE THAT WE KNOW THAT ARE STILL ALIVE, IT WILL PROBABLY THE THE LAST TIME WE WILL BE ABLE TO SEE THEM ALIVE AGAIN. I KNOW THAT RAY WELLS HAS PASSED AWAY, I DO NOT KNOW IF HIS BOYS CONTINUED ON WITH THE DODGE DEALERSHIP OR NOT, THEY WERE ALL GOOD FRIENDS OF OURS WHILE WE LIVED THERE.
PA
SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO