Bear attack in Eastpoint

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

flogator

Re: Bear attack in Eastpoint

Post by flogator »

I have no desire to kill a bear and probably wouldn't even if it was legal, but the hunting population is feed up with bears destroying feeds, hunting camps. etc. I would be willing to bet a lot of bears are not living to a ripe old age today.
Bofus

Post by Bofus »

Yep, FWC recognizes hunting as a part of bear population management and I think would like to have some sort of limited season. BUT if you notice on the bear FAQ website, just over 60% of the Florida human population is opposed to the idea. Don't think they can stand the heat in the political kitchen. If I were a betting man, I'd say it's several years out if there ever is a season. Maybe, just maybe, those that don't support hunting bears as a form of population control will get tired of bear/vehicle collisions, bears getting into their trash, into their homes, and chewing on their favorite pet.
Pirate

Post by Pirate »

A couple of years ago I saw the biggest black bear in my yard in the East Point area that I have ever seen. I would not want to tangle with that one!
People that catch a lot of fish fish a lot!