Nautical Charts and Numbers

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Greg Johnson

Nautical Charts and Numbers

Post by Greg Johnson »

Hi Folks

Quick introduction. I'm Greg Johnson from thiswaytothe.net where I've published thousands of pages devoted to Florida Boating and Fishing. I am writing here today to let you know about my latest project. I feel it will be a very useful resource for you folks here on this site so please don't think of this as spam. I've seen more than a few requests for something like this and know its something I will use. I hope you folks can too.

reefandpier.com

Saltwater Sports and Recreation Map

NOAA nautical charts with links to marine weather and tides. Every Florida artificial reef, shipwrecks and obstructions, boat ramps, and just about everything right down to the channel markers.

Check it out and let me know if any problems or questions.

Tight Lines
Greg
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Re: Nautical Charts and Numbers

Post by SS-342 »

Greg, I like it! Good job.
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
edif

Post by edif »

Great Job!!!
FTReelty

Post by FTReelty »

Kind of new to all this. this is really helpful. already used to scout some areas and discovered landings I never knew existed. Thanks for the great job. very helpful!
Greg Johnson

Post by Greg Johnson »

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I'm glad yall like the map. The only problem is it makes my $500 chart plotter look like a toy so I know it may be tempting for some to use as a primary navigation device. Don't do that. It is not intended for navigation. Use it for planning and maybe as a backup or an alternate backup but only if you are going to an area you know has cell service.

Tight Lines
Greg