Official Scallop Thread - 2016

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

silverking
Site Sponsor

Re: Official Scallop Thread - 2016

Post by silverking »

Water was clear Wednesday east of the LH. Had a little tint to it but visibility was good. Did not taste the water to see how fresh it was though. Temperature is still warm, but the floating grass wasn't quite as bad as it has been the last few weeks.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
flatsbroke22

Post by flatsbroke22 »

Went out of Keaton this morning in hopes of clean water. Finding clean water was not a problem as it was crystal clear everywhere we stoped in shallow. Only problem was the scallops were not there. I did taste the water and could not hardly taste any salt. So we went out to 6 feet the water out there was murky and the current was ripping. Only managed around two gallons with five divers. All in all it was a good year for scallops for us. This was the only trip we didn't limit out of the four or five. Well it's time to go back to fishing as I will spend the next 4-5 weekends at SGI. Cain't wait to put some slime back on the boat!
2002 Pathfinder 2200v ‘21 200 Suzuki
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Worked at my Lanark place yesterday and when I got up at dawn, it looked like a nice calm day was in store. Within an hour, the wind shifted coming out of the SE and it started ripping pretty good. Didn't see many boats and when I went eat at the Pearl, the ramp at the Lanark Grocery looked like a ghost town. :o

Breeze made it nice for putting in a small slab though!
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
rockyg

Post by rockyg »

I'm happy to hear the Pearl is still up and running. Looking forward to many wonderful weekends eating breakfast there this Fall. :lick:
“It's hard to measure almost.....because almost doesn't matter”
― John Dutton