Pa- Check this out on preventing leg cramps.

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

bman

Pa- Check this out on preventing leg cramps.

Post by bman »

A Doctor friend of mine shared this article. She was part of a study that showed drinking or eating spicy things helped prevent muscle cramps.
They made a drink that had ginger, cinnamon and capsicum

I immediately thought about you.
http://www.wsj.com/articles/a-new-way-t ... 1468256588
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Re: Pa- Check this out on preventing leg cramps.

Post by Jumptrout51 »

I have dealt with leg cramps for years.
They occur during the day, but, could almost be guaranteed to occur at night while in bed.
I tried numerous remedies without long term success.
Then I found a product that really works for me.
A leg cramp homeopathic product from HYLAND LEG CRAMPS.
They work.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

I started taking 250 mg Magnesium tablets three times a week. Have only had one episode since. Bananas are also supposed to help. Just don't take 'em out on the boat though. :wink:
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
FUTCHCAIRO

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

HEY FELLAS THANKS. JT I WILL TRY TO FIND SOME THAT FORMULAR AND TRY IT. THANKS ALL FOR YOUR REPLIES.
PA
SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO
Cranfield
Site Sponsor

Post by Cranfield »

Do you have Indian Tonic Water over there ?
Its usually mixed with Gin and Schweppes is one manufacturer.
Its basically quinine water with a fizz, a small glass before going to bed normally keeps the leg cramps away, the gin is an optional extra.
The low calorie "diet" version doesn't work, it has to be the full strength stuff.
FUTCHCAIRO

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

HEY CRANFIELD, GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU, I HAVE USE QUININE IN THE PAST, NOW HAVE TO HAVE A PRESCRIPTION FROM A DOC. TO GET IT. I AM GOING TO BE WITH MY FAMILY THIS NEXT WEEK-END DOWN AT OUR LAKE HOUSE, MY YOUNGEST DAUGHTER IS STILL PRACTICING MEDICINE, I WILL TRY TO GET HER TO WRITE ME A PRESCRIPTION FOR SOME QUININE WHILE WE ARE THERE. CRAN I AM GETTING A LITTLE STONGER AND PLAN TO TRY WATER SKIING WHILE AT THE LAKE THIS WEEK-END. EARL, MY OLDEST SON, BOUGHT ME A NEW BOAT WHEN I WAS IN THE HOSPITAL AND IT HAS THE HORSE POWER TO GET THE OLD MAN UP IF I CAN HOLD THE ROPE LONG ENOUGH. EARL IS TAKING MY NEW BOAT DOWN THURS. OR FRI. FOR EVERYONE TO USE FISHING AND SKIING. I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO DO MUCH FISHING IN THE GULF SINCE MY HEART ATTACK, BABE DOES NOT WANT ME TO GO BY MYSELF, AND I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO GET SOMEONE TO GO WITH ME SINCE MY FISHING PARTNER , CARL BROWN, DIED THE DAY I WENT INTO THE HOSPITAL FOR MY HEART ATTACK. I CAN NOT DO ANY HUNTING ,OTHER THAN USING MY LITTLE .22 RIFLE TO PING ON THE SQURELS AND RABBITS. CAN NOT SHOOT ANY OF MY SHOTGUNS DUE TO THE DAMAGE I HAD TO MY SHOULDER ABOUT 15 YRS. BACK. I TRIED TO SHOOT USING MY LEFT SHOULDER BUT THAT JUST DID NOT WORK FOR ME.
CRAN, ARE YOU STILL ABLE TO DO ANY HUNTING? I KNOW THAT HUNTING WAS A BIG PART OF YOUR LIFE OVER IN THE U.K. HOPE THINGS ARE GOING WELL WITH YOU AND THE MISSES.
PA
SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

FUTCHCAIRO wrote:HEY FELLAS THANKS. JT I WILL TRY TO FIND SOME THAT FORMULAR AND TRY IT. THANKS ALL FOR YOUR REPLIES.
PA
SEMPER FI
CVS, Walgreens and Publix have them Pa.
I get 3 types,
HYLANDS LEG CRAMPS
HYLANDSS LEG CRAMP P.M.
HYLANDS RESTFUL LEG
They stimulate natural chemicals in your body to prevent and relieve leg cramps.
My regular pharmacist said she sells lots of them and people say they work great.
She also said a few people reported no relief.
They work great on me.
A small pill that melts in your mouth.
Take 2 or 3 at a a time.
The first 2 days of use I took 2 every 3 to 4 hours.
Since then only once or twice a day especially at bedtime. http://www.hylandslegcramps.com/
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
Cranfield
Site Sponsor

Post by Cranfield »

PA, rather than bore the life out of everybody, I have sent you a PM.

WATER SKIING ?
ARE YOU SURE ?
zload
Site Sponsor

Post by zload »

Cranfield wrote:PA, rather than bore the life out of everybody, I have sent you a PM.

WATER SKIING ?
ARE YOU SURE ?

Boring??? I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures... Hang 10 and Surf Naked Pa :lol:
2008 Key West 196 Bay Reef
2008 Yamaha 150