Surgery again...

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

hambric85

Surgery again...

Post by hambric85 »

Well gents the disc replacement back on Thanksgiving went great! Bad news is I'm going under again, but this time at mayo to get my incision hernia fixed. I know I'm tired of hitting these damn bars! Can I have some easy sailing for a little and go fishing again? Please?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
FUTCHCAIRO

Re: Surgery again...

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

WELL HAMRICK, DON'T KNOW HOW OLD YA ARE, I DID NOT HAVE ANY OPERATIONS UNTIL I HIT 90 ABOUT 4 YRS AGO, JUST SEEMS WHEN YOU GET OLDER THINGS START TO BREAK AND HAVE TO BE FIXED. I AM KINDA LIKE MY HOUSE I BUILT 28 YEARS AGO, IT IS STARTING TO HAVE THINGS THAT NEEDS TO BE FIXED OR REPLACED, LIKE ROOFS, REPAINTING, REPLACE TOILETS, REPLACE HOT WATER HEATERS, REPLACE SINK FOCETS, REPLACE STEPS TO THE DECK, AND ON AND ON,REPLACED GARAGE DOOR, SHOP DOOR, ETC.
PA
SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO
JIm Smith
Site Sponsor

Post by JIm Smith »

amen
hambric85

Post by hambric85 »

Thanks Pa. I'm 31. Seems the years of abuse has caught up with me. Last time I wet a line was last memorial day. It's been too long. First time in my marriage my wife said I wish you would go fishing!! Now if I can only get her to say that when I'm healthy. Semper Fi PA!

2true

Post by 2true »

Get well soon!
rocket
Site Sponsor

Post by rocket »

Can't say enough good things about the people at Mayo. Who is doing your surgery?
Stay Thirsty My Friends
hambric85

Post by hambric85 »

Dr. Stauffer. It's done and I'm back at the house. Feeling OK now. The trip home yesterday was hell! My damn ab muscles kept spazming. Holy hell, that hurt worse than my back surgery!!! Glad that's behind me. I hope to sleep in my bed tonight. Was the recliner last night. To you young wippersnappers out there, take care of your body, getting old is painful!!!

FUTCHCAIRO

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

HEY HAMBRICK, GLAD THE SURGERY WENT WELL FOR YOU. TAKE IT EASY FOR A FEW DAYS AND THINGS WILL IMPROVE, IT IS ALWAYS GOOD TO SLEEP IN YOUR OWN BED AND NOT ONE OF THOSE HOSPITAL BEDS.
PA
SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Good to hear you're on the mend. Suffer from chronic back pain myself, caused no doubt from bouncing through waves on boat tests and jumping down off the poling platform for 25 years.

Had to chuckle though about a 31-year-old using the term whippersnappers to describe the younger set. :lol:
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
hambric85

Post by hambric85 »

silverking wrote:Good to hear you're on the mend. Suffer from chronic back pain myself, caused no doubt from bouncing through waves on boat tests and jumping down off the poling platform for 25 years.

Had to chuckle though about a 31-year-old using the term whippersnappers to describe the younger set. :lol:
Silver, I'm a 50yr old in a 31yr old body. Right now just hoping nothing else happens. It's been almost a year since I've wet the hull. Too long. Also if you ever need back surgery, call me. I literally went from walking with my hands in my knees to walking 3miles a day and working out in the gym. Hoping I'll be able to make the cobia run this year. Haven't missed one in 8yrs.