Gulf Reef Permit

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

AugustusMccrae

Gulf Reef Permit

Post by AugustusMccrae »

I work with a lady who's husband owns a Gulf Reef Permit. He is no longer able physically to use it and she is interested in selling it. Any advice on where or how she should try marketing it? Any help greatly appreciated.
Crippledminnow

Re: Gulf Reef Permit

Post by Crippledminnow »

Very interested, how much does she want to sell it for?
AugustusMccrae

Post by AugustusMccrae »

Crippledminnow wrote:Very interested, how much does she want to sell it for?
She is checking some things. I think she'll have a price ready tomorrow or Friday. Thank you
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

Gulf Reef Permit.... what is that? The required "Gulf Reef Fish Survey" sign-up with your annual saltwater license?

or is it a Federal For-Hire permit/license? This is all I could find on the transfer process: http://gulfcouncil.org/wp-content/uploa ... nsfers.pdf
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
AugustusMccrae

Post by AugustusMccrae »

FishWithChris wrote:Gulf Reef Permit.... what is that? The required "Gulf Reef Fish Survey" sign-up with your annual saltwater license?

or is it a Federal For-Hire permit/license? This is all I could find on the transfer process: http://gulfcouncil.org/wp-content/uploa ... nsfers.pdf
I won't pretend to know everything about it. But it is a commercial license permitting the holder to sell gulf reef fish.