Armadillo . . . Die, Die, Die

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

noleflyfisher
Site Sponsor

Armadillo . . . Die, Die, Die

Post by noleflyfisher »

I've got an armadillo annihilating my yard. Anyone have a recommendation for eliminating the little bugger. BTW the neighbors will probably lose it if I set up shop in the backyard with a firearm, so I'm looking for a Geneva Convention type solution. Thanks.
Last edited by noleflyfisher on September 5th, 2008, 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CairoTrout
Site Sponsor

Re: Armadillo . . . Die, Die, Die

Post by CairoTrout »

Crossbow.
All things are possible when you turn your life to Jesus.If you don't know how just ask.
birddog
Site Sponsor

Post by birddog »

:smt005 :smt005

I can see it now, Nole chasing an armadillo with a crossbow bolt through it's middle down the street of his neighborhood.
GULP! free since 1970.
kikstand454

Post by kikstand454 »

if he is digging up somthing specific that you dont want him in like a garden or... uh.... whatever..... all you need to do is sprinkle powdered red pepper around the area. he will stop. i promise. works for the neighbors cat too.
FUTCHCAIRO

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

HEY NOLE, THE ONLY WAY TO GET RID OF THE ARMADILLO IS TO PUT OUT POISON TO KILL THE WHITE GRUBS THAT ARE PRESENT IN YOU YARD. WALLY WORLD HAS THE INSECTICIDE THAT WILL DO THE JOB. SPREAD BROADCAST OVER THE ENTIRE YARD AND TURN ON THE SPRINKLERS AND PUT DOWN 1/4 " OF WATER IF YOU DO NOT GET RAIN. THIS WILL END THE PROBLEM.
PA THE OLD MAN OF THE SEA :thumbup: :thumbup: :smt006 :smt006
FUTCHCAIRO
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

Pa is right. Get rid of the bugs, No armadillo.....

However, I also live out in the woods, so the wife and I love getting the spotlight at night and working them over with 12 gauge 3 in mag No 4 shot......Works every time.....Makes their shell look like a colander.... :-D

Dubble :thumbup:
The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
whitebc
Site Sponsor

Post by whitebc »

We can come over with the "gator gig" :smt005 :smt005

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the telephone.
bman

Post by bman »

A client had some and we called a local company that traps them... If you need the name PM me.
He set up a Have-A=Hart trap in the area the Armadillo was feeding. then he used 2x6's set up like a funnel or V into the trap. They have poor eye site and will follow the edge of the board right into the trap...
I googled it and found this website explaining the technique.
http://ufinsect.ifas.ufl.edu/armadillo.htm
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
Barhopr
Site Sponsor

Post by Barhopr »

I suggest a 2/0 san juan worm. Maybe 30lb flouro leader. they don't see too well so ou should be able to get by with a short leader. :lol:
VIVA la BT

Image_______________Image
Barhopr
Site Sponsor

Post by Barhopr »

I suggest a 2/0 san juan worm. Maybe 30lb flouro leader. they don't see too well so you should be able to get by with a short leader. :lol:
VIVA la BT

Image_______________Image
MTeal
Site Sponsor

Post by MTeal »

Save the fur whatever you do...good action in the h2o. :lol:
noleflyfisher
Site Sponsor

Post by noleflyfisher »

Thanks fellas. I think I may take a multi-disciplinary approach. First thing will be grub treatment. Next, tie up a good burrowing grub pattern on a 2/0 and set up my six weight with 12lb flouro (I'm a sportsman, BH). Moving along, I'll set up my 2x6 funnel to a trap. On the ready will be the cross bow and arrows with night glow shafts. As a method of last resort, I'll have the gator gig set to go in the event of an escaping vermin. I don't think the neighbors will suspect anything. What do you guys think? :wink:

Actually, I will try to rid my yard of the food source and set up a trap for the invader. Birddog was kind enough to offer a loaner trap. I like the 2x6 funnel technique Bman. It will be employed. The hunt begins . . . .

If I don't catch this little *&#(!*^#^%! soon, I'm calling a fence builder. :D
dolphinatic
Advertising Sponsor

Post by dolphinatic »

Sounds like you got it covered Nole :thumbup:

A few years back, a friend of mine tried to rid one from his yard at night with a speargun :o You guessed it....when he shot, it recoiled back and popped him right between the eyes :smt005 Luckily, he had consumed a few adult beverages, so he didn't feel it too much :lol: He never saw the armadillo again :roll:
"Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof." Proverbs 18:21

Team BevisRealty.com
What a mess

Post by What a mess »

That one is now on tour telling that and other stupid human story's at armadillo clubs.
Yesterday it was taboo today it is normal what the heck will they be doing tomorrow?
kikstand454

Post by kikstand454 »

P.S.dont forget, the armadillo is the last known mammal to carry leprocy. lol.