Thank God for Ethics Reform! - Updated w/scandal of the day

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

big bend gyrene

Thank God for Ethics Reform! - Updated w/scandal of the day

Post by big bend gyrene »

The emperor's new clothes are beautiful, don't you think? :wink:
Last edited by big bend gyrene on February 5th, 2009, 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Re: Thank God for Ethics Reform!

Post by Tom Keels »

:smt102
Tom Keels
Site Founder

jsuber
Site Sponsor

Post by jsuber »

Look at it this way, if Obama keeps nominating more Democrats for Cabinet positions, the deficit will be zero with all the taxes he colllects from them, and our economy will be back on track.
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

How bout making it a prewreck wee is a tit that all cabinet, senate, and representatives be current with the IRS before taking office??
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
big bend gyrene

Guess Biden's “It’s time to be patriotic... time to jump in, time to be part of the deal, time to help get America out of the rut” speech only was meant to apply to one side of the aisle... the other side.

And I'm with you Sir Reel... heck, word was that Obama was having everyone involved with his presidency fill out the most comprehensive background check ever known in the history of mankind. Guess they must have left off the "Are your taxes paid?" block :smt012

Suber, not so sure about getting all the libs to pay up and quit being hypocrites... looks like Obama's having to resort to filling empty slots with conservatives due to all the problems with his "friends." :smt005
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
big bend gyrene

And I don't care who you are, if you don't find the irony of this ad humorous you need the funny bone checked :-D ... and check out those global warming fumes! :smt005

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdrp8vIoofA[/video]
Sea Dawg
Site Sponsor

Post by Sea Dawg »

Well im just hopeing it will be reform ..BUTLOOK WHAT HAPPENED IN SOUTH AFRICA ENOUGH SAID ABOUT Ethics Reform!
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

This all explains why Democrats are so quick to raise taxes .... its cuz they ain't planning on paying them anyway.

Oh by the way, I hear the number of lobbiest hired by O is now up 16 or so.

Change we can believe it.
Last edited by MudDucker on February 6th, 2009, 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Post by Flint River Pirate »

MudDucker wrote:This all explains why Democrats are so quick to raise taxes .... its cuz they ain't planning on paying them anyway.

Oh by the way, I hear the number of lobbies hired by O is now up 16 or so.

Change we can believe it.
:lol: :lol: :thumbup:
Team Jolly Mon
big bend gyrene

Re: Thank God for Ethics Reform! - Updated w/scandal of the day

Uhmmm... is anyone at the helm??? This is getting freaking ridiculous... with 20 years in private industry, I worked with many fellow managers who never would have allowed so many perfectly-avoidable problems to repeatedly crop up. Either this administration doesn't give a rat's arse what anyone cares of there is severe ineptitude to blame...

Labor Pick's Husband's Has Tax Problems
By SAM HANANEL - AP

WASHINGTON (Feb. 5) - Labor Secretary nominee Hilda Solis became the latest Cabinet nominee to face questions about unpaid taxes Thursday as a Senate panel abruptly postponed a scheduled vote on her confirmation. The postponement came after revelations that Solis' husband settled tax liens on his California auto repair business this week that had been outstanding for as long as 16 years.

:smt078
dolphinatic
Advertising Sponsor

Post by dolphinatic »

Arrogance my brother.....most people couldn't get a loan on these people's credentials yet they are being nominated for top executive cabinet positions....where are the checks and balances???? We're suposed to be supporting this president to succeed because he is the first black president. That means to let him do whatever he wants and don't worry about the details. To criticize is to be a hater and unsupportive. These folks think they live above the laws they pass for everyday folks like us. By not paying their taxes shows just how much they want to send their own money to the government they have created. They don't have a problem spending our money though. That's the problem with liberals....they have good intentions, but they want to fulfil those intentions with other peoples money to keep themselves in power. They donate very little, if any, of their own money to charity, and at the same time keep as much of it as possible while living in luxury off the backs of the taxpayer. This current administration is pure incompetence on parade. Like him or not, Obama was and is not qualified to be the leader of the greatest nation on earth....period. What qualifications did he have on his resume that made him worthy of this office and responsibility. Even his judgement has been questionable from day one. He was elected purely out of hype and on an empty promise of "Change" that too many Americans bought into because most honestly do want a change. I blame the Repubs for their share of this happening too. McCain???....give me a break. How would have Obama faired against a true conservative like Ronald Reagan?? Could Obama have beat GW???? Gore and Kerry couldn't beat Bush and they were both liberal with a record to run on....even if it wasn't a great one. The bloom is going to fade from this flower in due time.....maybe quicker than anyone thought it would.
"Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof." Proverbs 18:21

Team BevisRealty.com
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

At least no one in the administration has shot anyone in the face. So they got that going for them. :wink:
Tom Keels
Site Founder

Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

Tom Keels wrote:At least no one in the administration has shot anyone in the face. So they got that going for them. :wink:

Give him a few days, da hood is gonna come out sooner or later.
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
Flanders
Site Sponsor

Post by Flanders »

Guilty of Tax Evasion, If "Chicago's" Al Capone could have out lived his untimely death in 1947, he could be qualified for Obama's cabinet to run the IRS.
I come from a small drinking community with a fishing problem