Tallahassee is finally heating up !

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Tallahassee is finally heating up !

Post by mjsigns »

It looks like the marine and recreational fishing industry competition in Tallahassee is finally heating up. A month ago I was driving down the parkway (Hwy 27) and saw where West Marine is going to open a new West Marine store in Tallahassee. (This is going to be the biggest West Marine Store in Tallahassee. For you job hunters, the person I spoke with at West Tennessee Street store location said you can only apply for a job on-line. I haven't seen any activity where Bass Pro is going to move into the old Sportsman's Warehouse, but I am sure they are not bluffing. With the event of Academy sporting goods already open on Hwy 90, it appears the action will pick up soon. West Marine is serious. Rode by the new location today and they had guys working in the rain with lights, welding and all kinds of work going on. It looks like a "race" to see who can open first and get the "edge" on the marine and recreational fishing industry.

Here is the sign on 27 out in front of Target...

They had guys working in the rain like they are trying to meet a deadline. See the guys on the roof? and the one welding?

The Bass Pro Shop only has a semi trailer sitting in parking lot of the old Sportsman's Warehouse...

I am glad to see some more competition on the East Side in Tally. :thumbup:
What are your thoughts?
Time is the most precious commodity we have in life, stay focused.
Redfin
Site Sponsor

Re: Tallahassee is finally heating up !

Post by Redfin »

Bass Pro is now gutted and front facade has been worked on quite a bit-

Good thread here for updates-
http://urbantallahassee.com/v4/index.ph ... /start,30/

West marine will be closing the store on Tennessee st- once new one opens in early may-
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

I like SGO and Kevins.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
CairoTrout
Site Sponsor

Post by CairoTrout »

Me too!
All things are possible when you turn your life to Jesus.If you don't know how just ask.
RodBow
Site Sponsor

Post by RodBow »

picked up a good amount of conduit out of the BPS dumpster the other day (planning to put electricity to my shed).
use your opportunities ...

218 Carolina Skiff
25 Bayliner Deck
DEMON
Site Sponsor

Post by DEMON »

West Marine is closing the W Tenn st store and moving it to the Parkway. Scheduled for May opening according to employees. I'm liking the competition. Unfortunately history says this town ain't big enough to support all of them. Who will survive?