David Gibbs finally arrested in Tallahassee

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

bman

David Gibbs finally arrested in Tallahassee

Post by bman »

You all my remember this thread:
http://www.bigbendfishing.net/phpBB3/vi ... =5&t=31890
He and his bride were booked on June 9th for Grand theft.
david gibbs.png
http://www.wctv.tv/home/headlines/Leon- ... 98151.html
Thanks to Pangler/Randy for letting me know!
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Re: David Gibbs finally arrested in Tallahassee

Post by Salty Gator »

Good to hear, thanks for posting. He was getting too close to the crib
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
pizzle4

Post by pizzle4 »

Boy...she's a looker! They make a cute couple! :smt009
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Y'all just be hatin' on a hard working formerly independent entrepreneur. :smt005
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
rocket
Site Sponsor

Post by rocket »

I saw him being arrested Monday evening, but didn't put it together til just now. It was on the corner of John Knox and Monroe, right in front of the mall. There were 5 cops detaining him and he had just been tazed. He must've resisted because there was blood all over his face. If you look at the booking photo, you can see the scratches on his face. I'm surprised they didn't charge him with resisting arrest.
Stay Thirsty My Friends
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

Thanks to Barry and everyone else who kept posting updates on this guy. If it hadn't been for this forum, I wouldn't have known who he was when he came walking up my driveway a couple weeks ago. :thumbup:

- Steve Stinson
big bend gyrene

Post by big bend gyrene »

Still bet someone's going to have to go "Dexter" on this couple to keep them from quickly repeating their habits. Far from the first time they've been charged. Just a QUICK bit of internet sleuthing provided the info below:

August 18, 1998 - A Georgia couple led police on a two-county chase Saturday that drew search helicopters and K-9 dogs to Lower Saucon and Springfield townships for several hours before the two were arrested. According to reports from Lower Saucon police, an officer saw a car blocking Riverside Drive at 7:52 a.m. Saturday. As the officer approached the car, the driver sped away. A chase on Riverside Drive ensued, during which the officer learned the license plate on the car had been reported stolen. Several miles into the chase, the car stopped, and passenger Theresa Carol Parrish of Miegs, Ga., jumped out, allowing the driver to escape. Police said Parrish owned the car and charged her with permitting a violation by allowing the driver, David Barr Gibbs of Miegs, to operate her car knowing his license was suspended. While Parrish was being booked, another Lower Saucon police officer spotted the car and followed it to the dead-end of a dirt lane in the Durham section of Springfield Township. At that point, Gibbs abandoned the car and fled on foot. Officers from Springfield Township, the Dublin barracks of the state police, the Pennridge Regional police K-9 unit, Lower Saucon and the state police helicopter unit searched for Gibbsuntil the K-9 unit lost his scent at a creek. Gibbs was spotted later that afternoon by Springfield Township police and arrested. He was turned over to Lower Saucon police and committed to Northampton County Prison under $10,000 bail. Gibbs was charged with receiving stolen property, recklessly endangering another person, fleeing and eluding police, disobeying traffic control signals, driving under suspension, operating a vehicle while unregistered, and possessing altered, forged or counterfeit documents and plates. He was also charged with aggravated assault after he nearly struck a Lower Saucon police car during the pursuit, reports state. Charges for theft of a license plate are pending by state police in Dublin, police added.

July 30, 2010 - David Barr Gibbs arrested and charged with TRESPASSING by Tallahassee police department STATUTE: 810.09 2B

June 27, 2011 - David Barr Gibbs arrested and charged with RESIST OFFICER OBSTRUCT by Tallahassee police department STATUTE: 843.02

October 13, 2013 - David Barr Gibbs arrested and charged with twelve, COUNT THEM, TWELVE offenses by Leon County Sheriff... #1 PETIT THEFT 1ST OFF STATUTE: 812.014 3A, #2 FRAUD-SWINDLE OBTAIN PROPERTY UNDER 20000 DOLLARS STATUTE: 817.034 4A3, #3 CRIMES AGAINST PERSON EXPLOITATION ELDERLY 20000 TO UND 100000 DOLS STATUTE: 825.103 2B, #4 CRIMES AGAINST PERSON EXPLOITATION ELDERLY 20000 TO UND 100000 DOLS STATUTE: 825.103 2B, #5 GRAND THEFT IS $300 OR MORE BUT LESS THAN $5000 STATUTE: 812.014 2C1, #6 FRAUD-SWINDLE OBTAIN PROPERTY UNDER 20000 DOLLARS STATUTE: 817.034 4A3, #7 CRIMES AGAINST PERSON EXPLOITATION ELDERLY 20000 TO UND 100000 DOLS STATUTE: 825.103 2B, #8 GRAND THEFT $10,000 OR MORE LESS THAN $20,000 STATUTE: 812.014 2C3, #9 FRAUD-SWINDLE OBTAIN PROPERTY UNDER 20000 DOLLARS STATUTE: 817.034 4A3, #10 CRIMES AGAINST PERSON EXPLOITATION ELDERLY 20000 TO UND 100000 DOLS STATUTE: 825.103 2B, #11 GRAND THEFT IS $300 OR MORE BUT LESS THAN $5000 STATUTE: 812.014 2C1, #12 FRAUD-SWINDLE OBTAIN PROPERTY UNDER 20000 DOLLARS STATUTE: 817.034 4A3.

June 10, 2014 - David Barr Gibbs arrested and charged with RESIST OFFICER WITH VIOLENCE by Tallahassee police department STATUTE: 843.01

Far from Mrs./Ms./??? Theresa Gibbs first rodeo ride either, per the 1998 Georgia fiasco, her arrest with David this past October where she was charged with 6 counts herself (#1 FRAUD-SWINDLE OBTAIN PROPERTY UNDER 20000 DOLLARS STATUTE: 817.034 4A3, #2 CRIMES AGAINST PERSON EXPLOITATION ELDERLY 20000 TO UND 100000 DOLS STATUTE: 825.103 2B, #3 GRAND THEFT IS $300 OR MORE BUT LESS THAN $5000 STATUTE: 812.014 2C1, #4 CRIMES AGAINST PERSON EXPLOITATION ELDERLY 20000 TO UND 100000 DOLS STATUTE: 825.103 2B, #5 GRAND THEFT $10,000 OR MORE LESS THAN $20,000 STATUTE: 812.014 2C3, #6 FRAUD-SWINDLE OBTAIN PROPERTY UNDER 20000 DOLLARS STATUTE: 817.034 4A3), and she actually was arrested the day BEFORE David this month on two more grand theft charges.

The charges of theft are bad enough, but the targeted scamming of the elderly makes my blood boil. Somebody sees them out and about on the loose again, let me know and I'll give them an all expenses paid invite for a deep sea trip out aboard Marine's Dream.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
Frank Bradfield
Site Sponsor

Post by Frank Bradfield »

One of you guys should turn the other cheek and take them fishing. I would but feeling under the weather. :D
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

The arrest spot was less than a mile from my house. He was identified as a suspect in recent break-ins and thefts on my neighborhood streets, where my wife runs daily.

In the spirit of progressive corrections, I'd be happy to take David wadefishing with me a few miles down Deep Creek. At least two gators living in that creek exceed 11 feet...
Rhettley
Site Sponsor

Post by Rhettley »

I'm not surprised to see they are from Meigs, GA.
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Rhettley wrote:I'm not surprised to see they are from Meigs, GA.
I'll bet they are not native Meigsians. I'll bet they moved to Meigs from Crawfordsville. :o :smt005
lonesouth
Site Sponsor

Post by lonesouth »

GaryDroze wrote:The arrest spot was less than a mile from my house. He was identified as a suspect in recent break-ins and thefts on my neighborhood streets, where my wife runs daily.

In the spirit of progressive corrections, I'd be happy to take David wadefishing with me a few miles down Deep Creek. At least two gators living in that creek exceed 11 feet...

I'm convinced this is one of your minions...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Up7JNFju8xk[/video]
850-273-8818
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

MudDucker wrote:
I'll bet they are not native Meigsians. I'll bet they moved to Meigs from Crawfordsville. :o :smt005
I'll take that bet any day of the week, put your money where your mouth is!!
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

You folks sure are hard on people who are down and out.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Salty Gator wrote:
MudDucker wrote:
I'll take that bet any day of the week, put your money where your mouth is!!
Okay, $50 to winner's favorite charity. Produce a birth certificate. Not an Obama certificate, but a real certified birth certificate. :-D