RV Campground advice...???

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Price3275

Post by Price3275 »

I just bought a fifth wheel camper, and am planning to store it at a friend's house in Wakulla County, and continue towing my boat back and forth when I get a weekend off work. Any advice on a decent RV campground between Panacea and Apalach where I won't have to worry about rude camp hosts, excessive noise, or my junk getting stolen while I'm gone fishing? (Also we are all about some cold beer, but we don't bother anyone.)

I looked at an RV resort of some kind on 98 between Eastpoint and Carrabelle that looked nice... What about the state park at SGI? Thanks in advance.
reelsorry2
Site Sponsor

Re: RV Campground advice...???

Post by reelsorry2 »

I have freinds at INDIAN PASS CAMP GROUND little bit south than you said. They speak well of it. On your way down stop by 2 cobia street bald point and bring that BEER you talking about.
Price3275

Post by Price3275 »

reelsorry2 wrote:I have freinds at INDIAN PASS CAMP GROUND little bit south than you said. They speak well of it. On your way down stop by 2 cobia street bald point and bring that BEER you talking about.
I've heard that if you get in my boat and bring us some numbers, there may be :beer: located somewhere on board... :)
Price3275

Post by Price3275 »

Also, the only water I'm somewhat familiar with is from Panacea to St. Marks... I was wanting to try SGI next time I'm down. Indian Pass may be a little West of where I was leaning toward. It looks like a nice place on their website though. I just read mixed reviews of some other campgrounds and I tend to not want to believe everything on Google, so local advice would definitely be appreciated.

On a side note, the HIGH temp is supposed to be 71 here in Chattanooga tomorrow :thumbup:
Ebryant

Post by Ebryant »

There's one in Panacea next to Levy Bay Rd. I had a friend who stayed there for several years, never said anything bad about it. Also one in Ochlockonee Bay, Its Holiday Campground. I know nothing about it except it has a pier.
Harmsway
Site Sponsor

Post by Harmsway »

There's Ho-hum in Lanark.
To fish, or not to fish, . . . those are the answers.
Price3275

Post by Price3275 »

Harmsway wrote:There's Ho-hum in Lanark.
IT says Ho-hum is not kid friendly. That'll be a deal breaker there I guess. Anyone ever been to Sunset Isle Campground in Carrabelle? I found their website and it looks to come with a boat slip, but I can't find their rates.

Thanks for all the replies. . .
Pirate

Post by Pirate »

SGI State Park nice but kind of isolated. Beach is pretty good hike, shallow boat ramp in park is not bad but ramp under bridge is a little ways back. Campgrounds on 98 are nice. One is a little high dollar , the other not bad. No water access right there, but several ramps close by. If you gotta do a two trip setup closer is better.
People that catch a lot of fish fish a lot!
reelsorry2
Site Sponsor

Post by reelsorry2 »

Shell Island fish camp St Marks good fishing and boat slips. Jimmy may have a camping spot open.
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

I don't know the name right off, but there is pretty big RV park right at the public access to Carrabelle Beach. I've seen kids running around there when I've been passing by. Didn't know Ho Hum wasn't kid friendly. Must be a change, because a college professor formerly from here used to stay there a good bit with his wife and daughter.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
RiverRunner

Post by RiverRunner »

Sunset Isle is on Timber Island in Carrabelle. It's nice, I've stayed there a few times when I didn't have the wife and my boy. Reason being was the wife likes to be closer to the beach.
https://www.facebook.com/Sunset-Isle-RV ... 0/?fref=ts

We always stay at http://rvcoutdoors.com/carrabelle-beach/ This is the one that MD is talking about being right across from the public beach on 98 in Carrabelle. Staff is nice, I've never had any problems with my beer drinking. My only complaint is the limited parking for vehicles and a boat after camper is set up.

Ho Hum has always "not" been child friendly, at least as long as I can remember. Been camping with my son since he was born and he is eleven now. They might have an age cut off though. I just never wanted to deal with anyone who doesn't like kids. :roll:
Tigweldr

Post by Tigweldr »

I stay at Carrabelle beach rv parl. nicest around there.
rockyg

Post by rockyg »

I've stayed at Ho Hum RV for many years. The folks who run it all have kids.....so it's not that they don't "like" kids.....it's just the business model the owner thinks is the best for his purposes. There is no pool and almost no beach, so younger kids would find little to do there.
“It's hard to measure almost.....because almost doesn't matter”
― John Dutton
bbb

Post by bbb »

Sunset, Carrabelle Beach and the new RV park down towards Eastpoint are all nice. Probably looking at $50 a night.

Also Presnells in St Joe Bay just remodeled their park. They are on the water with plenty of places to leave your boat in the water.

PRESNELLS. $45 interior. $55 waterfront

Coastline RV resort. NEW ONE TOWARDS EASTPOINT. $50-$65

Carrabelle Beach. $43+ tax

Timber Island. $???
Price3275

Post by Price3275 »

Thanks for all the replies! Ill probably do some riding and looking next time I'm down. This for sure gives me a good place to start. If anyone ever needs any fishing/hunting/camping/rafting info on the Ocoee, Hiwassee, or Tennessee River areas in SE TN give me a shout. Thanks again.