Irma

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

big bend gyrene

Irma

Post by big bend gyrene »

Way too early to know exactly where it will actually hit or what strength it will end up having at landfall depending on course... but... worth keeping an eye on for sure.
gfs-sep4.png
As far as sites useful for tracking, this one's my favorite. Tons of information shared, and updated summary / discussions on the upper right hand side of the page with each updated forecast.

http://www.spaghettimodels.com/
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
Juan
Site Sponsor

Re: Irma

Post by Juan »

That doesn't look good! Think I'll get the generator and chain saws ready.
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/
doomtrpr_z71

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

Hopefully, this is a more accurate model. Image Eastern tracks do seem to be most likely Image
reelbad

Post by reelbad »

doomtrpr_z71 wrote:Hopefully, this is a more accurate model. Image Eastern tracks do seem to be most likely Image
I like the way that reads at the bottom of the graph. IF ANYTHING IS CONFUSING IGNORE THE GRAPH. therefore I will ignore it.
big bend gyrene

Doomtrpr_z71, couple of days ago it was predicted to stay out in the Atlantic, then they nudged the predictions over a bit westward to the Carolinas, then westward again down to the east side of Florida, and now still nudging predictions as they wait for it to make a now long overdue turn a bit to the North. Again, too early to tell what will actually happen but worth keeping a real close eye on for sure.
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
doomtrpr_z71

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

I'm thinking its going to turn due to the cold front that's supposed to come through this weekend, looks like my last hurrah for scallops may be a bit choppy.
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Where ever its going, its gonna be trouble. Hope it spins out the mid Atlantic rather than straight up the middle of Florida.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

accidental double
countrycorners

Post by countrycorners »

The only drawback to living in SW Georgia is that we're just a bit too far from the Gulf.
From some of those storm tracks it looks as though the Gulf may come to us!
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Latest advisory is a Cat. 5 with 175 mph winds. Strongest since 2007. The islands are going to get pummeled.

Never wished harder for a cold front to come screaming down from the Pacific Northwest!
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
red_yakker
Site Sponsor

Post by red_yakker »

After Hermine & Matthew last year, and Harvey in TX this year, I don't know anyone who's not taking this threat seriously.
After no power for almost a week last year, I said I'd have a generator by this year. Still don't have one..........
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing. ~Babylonian Proverb
big bend gyrene

Pretty good discussion on variety of scenarios at the moment (noon time Tuesday, 9/5/17)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l30eClrQtCA
800-Beer4Fish
Site Sponsor

Post by 800-Beer4Fish »

And we have Tropical Storm Jose close to the heels of Irma. Projected to be a hurricane by Friday. Hopefully moves out to the Atlantic before it impacts Florida. Bermuda might have some type of damage
rockyg

Post by rockyg »

My son said they sold every generator they had in stock in the first hour this am. (Honda/Yamaha dealer in Tally)

Luckily if it gets really bad here you can bet there will be a guy selling them out the back of a box truck for $4,000. :smt011

Don't panic.....just prepare. :thumbup:
“It's hard to measure almost.....because almost doesn't matter”
― John Dutton
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

rockyg wrote:My son said they sold every generator they had in stock in the first hour this am. (Honda/Yamaha dealer in Tally)

Luckily if it gets really bad here you can bet there will be a guy selling them out the back of a box truck for $4,000. :smt011

Don't panic.....just prepare. :thumbup:
Glad I keep 3 ready to go!