Irma

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

rockyg

Re: Irma

Post by rockyg »

Good plan MD. I'm scheduled to be in Lanark a week from Friday and stay until Thanksgiving. I'm hoping and praying that our little slice of paradise is spared from this monster of a storm.

Somewhere in Florida is going to take it on the chin. My heart goes out to those folks. :smt010
“It's hard to measure almost.....because almost doesn't matter”
― John Dutton
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Just got back from Costco. The line to gas up was almost to Buck Lake Road at 3:30. Went to the Marathon on US90 instead and paid 2.74 a gallon to top off the tank. Went back to Costco to pick up some essentials (like vino, canned soups and coffee) and the line for bottled water stretched three-quarters around the store to the back where they were unloading from pallets. Limited customers to 5 cases each. Toilet paper was another big seller. :lol: I'll be drinking good old tap water if it comes down to it.

My wife talked to her brother in Pensacola and they've already started limiting gas sales there to $40.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
procraftwes
Site Sponsor

Post by procraftwes »

silverking wrote:Just got back from Costco. The line to gas up was almost to Buck Lake Road at 3:30. Went to the Marathon on US90 instead and paid 2.74 a gallon to top off the tank. Went back to Costco to pick up some essentials (like vino, canned soups and coffee) and the line for bottled water stretched three-quarters around the store to the back where they were unloading from pallets. Limited customers to 5 cases each. Toilet paper was another big seller. :lol: I'll be drinking good old tap water if it comes down to it.

My wife talked to her brother in Pensacola and they've already started limiting gas sales there to $40.
Wont even start raining until late Monday..

Tons of supplies headed our way.

I was loling at all the people gassing up for a hurricane that if it hits here wouldn't until Tuesday morning. Burn it all up going to work this week and then have nothing.
rocket
Site Sponsor

Post by rocket »

procraftwes wrote:
silverking wrote:Just got back from Costco. The line to gas up was almost to Buck Lake Road at 3:30. Went to the Marathon on US90 instead and paid 2.74 a gallon to top off the tank. Went back to Costco to pick up some essentials (like vino, canned soups and coffee) and the line for bottled water stretched three-quarters around the store to the back where they were unloading from pallets. Limited customers to 5 cases each. Toilet paper was another big seller. :lol: I'll be drinking good old tap water if it comes down to it.

Wont even start raining until late Monday..

Tons of supplies headed our way.

I was loling at all the people gassing up for a hurricane that if it hits here wouldn't until Tuesday morning. Burn it all up going to work this week and then have nothing.
Yep
Stay Thirsty My Friends
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

rockyg wrote:Good plan MD. I'm scheduled to be in Lanark a week from Friday and stay until Thanksgiving. I'm hoping and praying that our little slice of paradise is spared from this monster of a storm.

Somewhere in Florida is going to take it on the chin. My heart goes out to those folks. :smt010
Wow, now that is what I call extended time in paradise. I hate to see anywhere get hit, but I sure would hate it to come to our area. I'm working on a seawall due to the erosion problems since the storm in November and just started with my remodel/enlargement project last week.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
rockyg

Post by rockyg »

Just down there on the weekends, but it is the best time of year.

The models show a significant Eastward trend this AM. That's good for our area. Still very bad for Keys and South Fla folks.
“It's hard to measure almost.....because almost doesn't matter”
― John Dutton
big bend gyrene

Post by big bend gyrene »

rockyg wrote:The models show a significant Eastward trend this AM. That's good for our area. Still very bad for Keys and South Fla folks.
Rockyg, absolutely right about the models having shown a pretty big eastward movement... let's hope it holds and even shifts a bit more east to give a bit of relief to the South FL folks.
gfs126-600x414.png
gfs126-600x414.png (290.15 KiB) Viewed 3682 times
Think I may have shared http://www.spaghettimodels.com/ as a recommended site in the past to see lots of various tracking info at one site and will add another site recommendation I just discovered yesterday, http://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/. Really neat thing about tropicaltidbits is that you can create animated gif images of each model's predicted path. Just need to let the hour marks load (small boxes change color as they load), then click on "Forecast GIF", set the hour range you want the GIF to include and then it will either open the GIF through your browser or let you save it for viewing. Play around with it and most the least bit computer savvy will figure it out. :thumbup:
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
reelbad

Post by reelbad »

Hurricane resolution, I will not eat my hurricane snacks early, I will not eat my hurricane snacks early.
FUTCHCAIRO

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

HEY RED-YAKER, RUN OVER TO HARBOR FREIGHT TOOLS ON APPALACH. PARKWAY AND GET ONE OF THE INVERTERS THEY HAVE, DIFFERENT SIZES, GET THE ONE WITH THE MOST PLUG IN'S, YA CAN HITCH IT UP TO YOUR TRUCK BATTERY AND RUN LIGHT THINGS LIKE A FREEZER, REFRIDGE, A FEW LIGHTS, T/V BUT YOU HAVE TO RUN YOUR TRUCK TO MAKE IT RUN FOR LONG PERIODS AT A TIME. I USE MNE WHEN THE POWER GOES OFF. USE 100 FT EXTENSION CORD TO KEEP FREEZER, REFRIDGE, WATERPUMP, A FEW LIGHTS FROM TIME TO TIME TO RECHARGE THE FREEZER, REFRIDGE, WATCH T/V,RUN SEVERAL LIGHTS IN THE HOURS, MAINLY IN THE KITCHEN-T/V ROOM. WE RUN OUR REFRIG. AND FREEZER AT THE SAME TIME AND THE OTHER STUFF OFF AND ON AS WE THINK WE HAVE ENOUGH GAS IN THE TRUCK, I ALWAYS HAVE ABOUT 40 GAL. OF GAS IN THE WORKSHOP PLUS A FULL TANK OF GAS IN THE CARS AND TRUCK. DO NOT HITCH EVERYTHING UP AT THE SAME TIME, CHARGE UP THE FREEZER AND FRIDGE AT THE SAME TIME, RUN THE T/V AND SEVERAL LIGHT AT THE SAME TIME. ONLY RUN THE WATER PUMP BY ITSELF. HOPE THIS HELP OUT, IT WORKS FOR US.
PA
SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO
eightwt

Post by eightwt »

Really don't want to see many more clicks to the west.
big bend gyrene

Post by big bend gyrene »

Fixed it for you, eightwt...
eightwt wrote:Really don't want to see ANY more clicks to the west.
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Predictions now show it coming right up the center of Florida. I75 N was packed here yesterday as were the gas stations and restaurants. Prayers lifted!
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
AugustusMccrae

Post by AugustusMccrae »

MudDucker wrote:Predictions now show it coming right up the center of Florida. I75 N was packed here yesterday as were the gas stations and restaurants. Prayers lifted!
National Hurricane Center Path looks like the hurricane will take 75 N.
eightwt

Post by eightwt »

Son said I-10 very packed and moving west slowly.
Redbelly
Site Sponsor

Post by Redbelly »

Is she stays over land coming up I75 then I'm not too worried by the time it reaches up here.
Work 2 fish 4 days

1988 vintage 1436 Fisher Jon
1992 vintage 15 hp Merc