Soon To Be A Big Bend "Local"

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

YankeeFlyGuy

Soon To Be A Big Bend "Local"

Post by YankeeFlyGuy »

Well after 8 years of visiting and working part time for a company down there, I will be retiring from my LE job in July and moving to 11 acres we bought a couple miles inland of Oyster Bay in Medart to work full time for the same company.

Can't wait to start learning the fishing and hunting in's and out's of the area. I have been doing it for 43 years up North and it will be like being a kid all over again. I also have an 8 year old son that is raring and ready to learn. Last year was his first year deer and duck hunting with me and it's such a wonderful feeling seeing him take to it.

Cannot wait!!!
silverking
Site Sponsor

Re: Soon To Be A Big Bend "Local"

Post by silverking »

Welcome to our slice of heaven. A lot has changed in the last 25 years, but we still have plenty of woods and the least developed stretch of the entire Florida coast. :thumbup:
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
YankeeFlyGuy

Post by YankeeFlyGuy »

First two months have been a blast! Looking for a Gheenoe currently and if I sell my "fun car" I will probably be picking up a Carolina Skiff 218DLV.

There are some super nice people down here that I have met in my fishing adventures on the piers and shore fishing. Super happy to be a "full timer" now.

DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

Wow, that's a nice drum! And welcome aboard, some great fishing in that area.
Yours in the South