3 FL Men Charged in Shark-dragging Case

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

silverking
Site Sponsor

3 FL Men Charged in Shark-dragging Case

Post by silverking »

Hope these thugs do hard time and their hunting/fishing licenses are permanently revoked.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/12/12/3- ... video.html
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
Geno67

Re: 3 FL Men Charged in Shark-dragging Case

Post by Geno67 »

Glad to see it!
Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

I agree that is wrong and some kind of punishment is warranted but I can remember fishing with my grandfather in the early 60's when a lot of sharks were shot for no reason other than they were sharks. :hammer: Times have certainly changed.
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Juan wrote:I agree that is wrong and some kind of punishment is warranted but I can remember fishing with my grandfather in the early 60's when a lot of sharks were shot for no reason other than they were sharks. :hammer: Times have certainly changed.
That's true, but these idiots wouldn't be in trouble if all they did was to shoot a shark
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
reelbad

Post by reelbad »

Not to lighten up on these three at all, and they deserve every bit of the punishment they have coming. All I want to know is where is the outrage when someone gets their brains blown away and the THUG as SK put it is not charged with murder. We need to put things in perspective and get our priorities straight. I would also bet that the majority of that jury in California would find these three guilty in about ten seconds. Just my 2 cents, Again I am not trying to start an argument on any of these issues, just stating facts.
Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

Like I said, I agree that what did was wrong but just for giggles, I'm going to play the devil's advocate... The news stated all three of them were facing 5 years in prison and a $10,000 fine. That seems excessive to me. Murderers have gotten less than that. Sure, fine them and suspend their licenses but 5 years in prison? Would they have been charged if they had kept the shark? How is what they did any different than beating a green cobia or dolphin (mahi) to death with a ball bat? This could end in another "do fish feel pain?" debates.. Hold my beer :-D
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

I have no tolerance for murderous thugs, gangbangers or psycho low-lifes either, Reelbad. I'm all for a fair jury trial, judgement by their peers and a 9mm bullet to the brain pan for the guilty. Let the family of the victims pull the trigger.

But I have no tolerance for cruelty to animals, even sharks. Catch 'em, kill 'em humanely and eat 'em, fine. But to torture one for the sake of "Likes" on social media or a YouTube clip is unconscionable to me.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
nobitchin

Post by nobitchin »

We are fisherman. We don't kill for fun.
We kill live bait and that's not just a pun.

This crime is gross. Callous and cavalier.
These young men deserve it in the rear!!!!!

Teach kids to love what we have.
redbelly7

Post by redbelly7 »

It's the economy of things these days. The law knows that these guys can generate thousands for lawyers and fines. The thugs that harm other humans and steal usually cost all of us in taxes. These guys' dads will lose thousands. Still not saying it's right....
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Juan wrote:Like I said, I agree that what did was wrong but just for giggles, I'm going to play the devil's advocate... The news stated all three of them were facing 5 years in prison and a $10,000 fine. That seems excessive to me. Murderers have gotten less than that. Sure, fine them and suspend their licenses but 5 years in prison? Would they have been charged if they had kept the shark? How is what they did any different than beating a green cobia or dolphin (mahi) to death with a ball bat? This could end in another "do fish feel pain?" debates.. Hold my beer :-D
They will lawyer up and probably get suspended sentences or pre trial intervention. I doubt they serve a day. Hopefully fishing licenses and firearms won't be in their future
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
rocket
Site Sponsor

Post by rocket »

Salty Gator wrote:
Juan wrote:They will lawyer up and probably get suspended sentences or pre trial intervention. I doubt they serve a day. Hopefully fishing licenses and firearms won't be in their future
I agree, however if you this closely there were MANY other occurrences of these ass clowns torturing other animals. One pic I saw in particular was one of them bear hugging a pelican, before breaking its wings. Another pic showed a live, stray dog they supposedly used for shark bait. And they posted all this to social media.
Their parents failed them miserably. Instead of teaching them to be a steward, they just threw money at them for nice boats and gear. Piece of crap low life thugs, hope they see significant jail time, but daddy's money will most likely get them off :thumbdown:
Stay Thirsty My Friends
Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

rocket wrote: I agree, however if you this closely there were MANY other occurrences of these ass clowns torturing other animals. One pic I saw in particular was one of them bear hugging a pelican, before breaking its wings. Another pic showed a live, stray dog they supposedly used for shark bait.
I for one hadn't seen that... I change my mind... $10,000 fine and 5 years in prison doesn't seem excessive after all.
rockyg

Post by rockyg »

I saw the Facebook pics earlier when this story first broke. I honestly believe one or more of those young men have serious psychological issues. That kind of cruelty to animals has led to serial killer like behavior later in life when they get bored torturing animals.

But.....you are right SG......Daddy's sweet money will no doubt get them off with probation. :smt011
“It's hard to measure almost.....because almost doesn't matter”
― John Dutton
reelbad

Post by reelbad »

Make them wash every boat and truck and clean every fish that comes in at Econfina, Aucilla, and Spring Warrior for an entire year with nothing on but a pair of shorts and no bug spray. Also make them pick up trash and keep the grounds clean when no one is fishing. And they get to sleep on the ground under the stars at night so they can get even closer to nature.
rockyg

Post by rockyg »

https://everipedia.org/wiki/michael-wenzel-1/

Some of the photos are in the link above. :smt011
“It's hard to measure almost.....because almost doesn't matter”
― John Dutton