Rocky's of Wakulla

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

bbb

Rocky's of Wakulla

Post by bbb »

What's the deal with it?

I've passed by about 4 times since it was built and never seemed busy at all.

Stopped in for the 1st time Thursday and its like a mini Walmart/Bass Pro.

We got breakfast, snacks, bait, and tackle all in one place. Has someone me nice Guy Harvey stuff too.

The donuts they had made that morning were delicious.
OleFish

Re: Rocky's of Wakulla

Post by OleFish »

That tower in the middle makes it look like a prison
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

I like the way their gas pumps are set up. They have non ethanol at a lot ( maybe all, but don't think so) of their pumps. I haven't eaten thee yet, because I wasn't sure they'd be serving when we psssed by. Need to check it out.
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

I like the new Rocky's just as well as I have always liked the old one. One of my sons favorite things to do when he was younger was go down to the campground adjacent to the old Rocky's to camp and spend the weekend fishing. They always had everything you needed - snacks, non-ethanol fuel, diesel, baits, and the best bacon / egg / cheese biscuit around.

I have been in the new one a time or two and had great service. When I pulled in with a boat, they were offering to take ice bags out for me and asking what else I needed. :thumbup:

Steve Stinson
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

I just calllrd them and they said breakfast was available at 5:00 am when they opened. That's great. I'll be eating a bacon egg and cheese biscuit next time I fish west of shell point.
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Always stop in at the original outside Perry when I'm fishing down that way. Friendly staff, good prices and they have a nice tackle selection for a store of its size, too.

Haven't been in the new one yet at Medart. Heard about the boat concierge service though. Nice. Building that one was pretty savvy with the new bike trailhead going in. :thumbup:
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
rockyg

Post by rockyg »

Steve Stinson wrote:
I have been in the new one a time or two and had great service. When I pulled in with a boat, they were offering to take ice bags out for me and asking what else I needed. :thumbup:

Steve Stinson
Well that burst my bubble. When I was there I thought they came out and offered me special service just because I had a fancy new boat. :lol:
“It's hard to measure almost.....because almost doesn't matter”
― John Dutton
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

I've always shopped at Rocky's when convenient. I've seen that new store covered up, but the whole coast seemed dead this weekend. Lots of restaurants were closed Saturday. It wasn't open when I passed by Saturday morning, but I sure could have used a biscuit. Also, my wife likes the nice clean bathrooms.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!