Looking for Dock Repair Recommendation

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

big bend gyrene

Looking for Dock Repair Recommendation

Post by big bend gyrene »

When we moved to a new home between Lloyd and Wacissa a few years ago we were blessed to find a great fishing hole on the land and with a dock and roofed cabana. Love the design and like to find trustworthy dock contractor capable of retaining look while doing quality repair work.
Dock.jpg
Dock2.jpg
As my dear ol' Dad used to tell me, material blessings often are also curses and so it's become with the dock. Deck boards are composite but 2" x 8" support beams under them aren't and the carpenter bees have done such a severe number on them that the walk-way is sagging in multiple spots and I don't want to risk putting off repairs any longer. Even some of the outer vertical main support posts have rot and may need to be replaced. Caps are bad on all of the vertical beams as well.
Looking for recommendations on the highest quality / most trustworthy dock company in the Big Bend area. ANY and ALL feedback from forum members will be GREATLY appreciated! salute1
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
silverking
Site Sponsor

Re: Looking for Dock Repair Recommendation

Post by silverking »

BBG, you and the Dr. truly are blessed. Beautiful spot.

Give NRG Industries in Tallahassee (across from federal prison on CC SE) a call. Gene Strickland, who built many of the docks in Lanark and Carrabelle, is now working with his brother at NRG here in town. Not sure if he's still doing it or if NRG would give you a quote but worth a call as Gene is a skilled carpenter with plenty of experience.

Going with all composite on the replacements? Pricey up front, but long-lasting and unappetizing for the bees.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat