garage doors

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

garage doors

Post by SHOWBOAT »

anyone on the Forum sell or install them? Looking at options for my pole barn; 24' front and 10' walls. Thinking I want a 20' roll up door as close to 10' tall as I can get with the trusses and door clearance requirements. Would consider barn doors or other options.

Thanks
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Re: garage doors

Post by Steve Stinson »

Brian -

Consider going a little taller than 10' if you can. I built a 40 x 40 metal building on my property with two roll up doors in the front side. I believe they are 12 or 14 feet tall. I can back my boat in one side with the rods still in the console rod holders. The other side has a 20' travel trailer with an A/C unit on top of it. It comes very close to touching the rolled up door when the door is raised. You need to check the height of the door and the height of the rolled - up door when raised to be sure you can clear whatever you decide to put in there. I will measure the doorway and the clearance height when I get home this evening.

Along the same note as Brian - my doors were installed by the metal building crew who only wanted to move quickly to the next project. I have one that wants to bind up unless I keep it sprayed with lube. So any recommendations would be good. I am in the Monticello area. :thumbup:

Steve Stinson
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

thanks Steve. Too late to discuss dimensions. Barn is already framed on three sides. It is 24x36 with 10' walls. just looking for the most convenient and economical means of closing in the 4th side; roll-up, barn doors or something else.
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
tcoram

Post by tcoram »

Rose city garage doors,call Stacy Culpeper 229/226/8387.
this is in Thomasville Ga.
Dale Mims

Post by Dale Mims »

Rose City Garage Doors are great people!!!!
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

thanks folks. I just spoke with RCGD. Hoping to get a quote next week.