FROST

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

FUTCHCAIRO

FROST

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

WELL WE HAD ANOTHER HEAVY FROST THIS MORNIN, SURE WISH IT WOULD WARM UP AND STAY THAT WAY. THE GREEN GRASS WILL BE BROWN AGAIN AFTER THIS MORNINS FROST.
PA
SEMPER FI salute3 salute3
FUTCHCAIRO
Blue spinner
Site Sponsor

Re: FROST

Post by Blue spinner »

don't look like we got a frost in Pelham at least at my house
One thing about the speed of light it gets here too early in the morning
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

No frost in the Monticello area. Woke up to about 34 degrees.
big bend gyrene

Post by big bend gyrene »

Steve Stinson wrote:No frost in the Monticello area. Woke up to about 34 degrees.
Wish I could say the same about my neck of the woods in Monticello... was 31 and we had light frost holding onto the grass until around 9am. Wrapped blankets around younger fruit trees I've got planted so crossing fingers they'll be ok.

JUST AS A FYI to all who might see this, what's recently done more damage than frost to young stressed trees at my place is tiny &@#! ambrosia boring beetles. They supposedly are drawn to ethanol released from trees after being stressed by frost, bore into the trunk, and then go to town boring AND introducing a host fungus into trees that will kill the trees unless you cut them clean at the ground. Had to cut back a big fig tree on my place last year and a mulberry tree this year.

Obvious giveaway you've had a tree attacked by the boring beetles is white toothpick like projections sticking out of the tree up and down the trunk area.
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
big bend gyrene

Post by big bend gyrene »

Pic pulled from google to show what the "toothpicks" look like if the ambrosia beetles find your young trees.
Granulate-Ambrosia-Beetle-damage-400x226.png
Granulate-Ambrosia-Beetle-damage-400x226.png (194.32 KiB) Viewed 1459 times
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945