Eye protection (shades)

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

UFBeef

Re: Eye protection (shades)

Post by UFBeef »

I have been wearing costas for the last 20 years or so, 15 of those happily. I currently have 6 pairs at my house, which only one doesn't have a broke lense or cracked frames. Costa makes some darn good glass, but there frames are junk. The last pair I broke cracked right down the nose piece in half, costas respose was it wasn't there fault. Between their junk quality frames, evident by the cheap hinges and/or the rubber falling off, Costa will never get another penny from me. Only reason I've stuck with them this long is their glass lenses, but I will be going with Maui Jim from now on as their lenses are just as good if not better but I know there frames can't be aNY worse, especially being they actually use SS hinges instead of that cheap Chinese crude Costa uses.
AugustusMccrae

Re: Eye protection (shades)

Post by AugustusMccrae »

After much research and head scratching, I am now the proud owner of a pair of Smith Transfer XL's. Wow. These babies are clear. Granted, I'm comparing them to the scratched Bimini Bays I've been wearing, but so far, very pleased.